Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Fiora Post


January 2015, 11 years old. This fun little girl isn't so little any more. She is taller than me now and keeps growing, and will be 12 next month, so definitely becoming a Young Woman, a beautiful woman is in the making. I still see my chubby sweet little baby when I see her, she is and always has been a wonder and a joy to me, my beautiful flower.
October 2003, 10 months old
Last night we went to the YW new beginnings activity and were asked to say a little bit about Fiora. So I've been thinking about what I love and appreciate about her. Jared stood up and made the remarks which were cute and fun, but he sat down too soon. There is so much more about Fiora I love! She is responsible! She is faithful about taking care of her braces and rubberbands, she is so faithful about keeping those rubberbands in place in that she runs out before the month is out. She keeps track of assignments and gets them turned in, she puts her lunch bag away each day after school, she gets to the bus on time every morning, and she feeds and takes care of her pets every day. Fiora loves animals of every kind, she will probably be one of those people who when she has a house of her own has 4 cats, 2 dogs, three birds living in the house with her, and possibly a couple goats or chickens out back. She is a wonderful writer and a speedy typist, she loves to read literature instead of just pop culture books, and she is super smart at memorization.  Fiora is shy and timid around people she doesn't know or doesn't feel included with, but at home or with her friends she is zaney and silly and hilarious, and even a bit on the wild side. She is sensitive to the feelings of others, and wants to do the right thing, and loves us so much. I can always count on Fiora to tell me she loves me multiple times a day!  Fiora has been making comments lately about how she feels her life is useless and she doesn't do anything skillful like dance or athletics or art or music.  As her mother, I can verify that Fiora is no ordinary child and she will be a valuable and very useful member of her family, society, and God's Kingdom! Just because she couldn't care less about sports and has limited interest in pursuing music skills doesn't mean she isn't a champion! Fiora will very likely do more valuable work of an eternal nature than she or anyone can now comprehend, because her heart is pure gold and her mind strong, she is faithful, trustworthy, and she is willing to do Heavenly Father's will. I'm honored to be her mother.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

What a sweet post! I can't believe our girls are going into YW! It doesn't seem that long ago that we were taking pictures of them together in their baby-gift outfits from John and Denice!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family