Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Memorial day and Heather's 37th Birthday


Katy Sue Searcy, age 7 months 7 days, same age as Lillian when she died



The Barrett family all met at the Orem cemetery to honor those who have passed on. Katy Sue Searcy was wearing Lillian's outfit we gave her and she was just exactly the age Lillian was when she passed away (7 months 7 days), so that was a special and amazing moment. Also while we were at my cousin Taylor Dickerson's mother's grave, Taylor just happened to call me (he lives in Oklahoma and we talk but once a year!) That was strange and amazing. Heidi gave me orange Lilly's for my birthday and put them on Lillian's grave.We also visited Grandma Sandy's gave and gave her patriotic pinwheels. It was a special memorial day.

Afterwards we went to our house to celebrate my birthday.

Here was the family text exchange inviting all to the event:
Me: Memorial day 4:00 meet at Orem cemetery, then convene at Schauers, big fire pit, bring your own tinfoil dinner, badminton net will be up.
Mom: I am excited to be there :)
Dad: What can I get you for your present. Let me know if you want a bow or a game or a doll etc
Me: your presence is my present
Grant: Yeah--either a crossbow or a compound bow
Dad: OK its the women's 10 lb yellow petty cross hair bower
Me: I've always wanted one of those but pricey
Dad: Walmart baby
Krystal: Well ok then we will bring a arrow

Well, my parents found me a toy bow and arrow to give me for my present, ha ha! And a nice gift card to go with it. The weather was perfect. My whole family (minus Kynsie on a mission) was present, and all were so kind as to give me some gifts and sing the birthday cantata for me. My sister Karli Sue wrote a poem for me, and I didn't read it out loud (partly because it was a little chaotic and I would have had to shout) partly because I didn't feel I deserved it, she was very generous with her praise, as is typical with angel Karli Sue. She also gave me a cute laurel leaf head band I feel crowned with love whenever I wear it.

Seeing the trees laugh
Or watching flowers bloom
Resembles the feeling
Of her walking in  the room

Her kindness soars over all--
With words, she heals souls
With action, she lifts burdens
With love, hearts become whole

Though weary she pushes on
Trials have known no end
Still her head is high
And stands against the wind

The one I look up to
The one who keeps us together
She is mighty and magnificent
She is my sister, Heather

by Karli Sue Searcy

On my actual birthday, though it was a regular work day, everything went well and smoothly and when that happens I feel heaven has orchestrated the day. I experienced much joy in all areas of my life's work--writing, therapy, piano lessons, marriage and parenting--the kids cleaned the house while I was at work and I got to go one of my favorite restaurants for lunch (La Jolla Grove) with Jared. It was wonderful! I feel very blessed, happy, and grateful.

3 comments:

Queen B said...

A beautiful poem for a beautiful woman. Happy Birthday Heather!

Queen B said...

A beautiful poem for a beautiful woman. Happy Birthday Heather!

Karli Sue said...

7 months and seven days exactly?? I just got chills! I'm pretty sure they were friends in Heaven :) love you heather!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family