Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Weston's work ethic and other stuff


Weston though he is busy with gymnastics practices all week still finds time to earn more money than both the girls put together doing extra chores. One Saturday morning he didn't have gym, and he wanted to earn $20, which is quite a lot of chores, but I outlined what he had to do to get that much money, and he got right to work. He worked until I finally called him inside because we had to go somewhere, which was in the afternoon sometime, and I realized he had been working for 5 hours on house and yard work. What kid does that?! I think all his gym training has created in him a strong work ethic and endurance. He sold some of his old legos in addition to chores in order to earn money to buy a new lego set which he did in about 3 weeks. He has already purchased and built it, and he said it was totally worth the $80.
Weston had a successful "mini marathon" at the school's field day, running a 6 minute 41 second mile and coming in 1st of all the 5th graders and 20 somethingth place (4th, 5th, and 6th graders all ran it). Fiora ran that race too, and we were proud that she ran the whole thing and didn't walk once, about a 9 minute mile.

 

Savanna had her final orchestra concert for 8th grade and surprised us with a little solo during the "Hobbit" theme song. She did great! Here are some pictures of Fiora at her play last week. She did a lovely job playing Camille. It was fun to see my girls perform.



Maybe Weston just gets his work ethic from me and Jared. We have been working hard this month! I haven't a proper garden plot, but I've been creative this year to find niches and corners and make room for planter pots and patches so I can grow things. Instead of lifting weights I shovel weeds and rocks! I love being outside working, it's sometimes the most happy and peaceful part of my day. Fiora likes growing things too and she helps me and gets excited about little sprouts.
 Here is a picture of me and Heidi that I loved! I showed her my garden while she was here last sunday and she was totally interested in it, ha ha.

1 comment:

Karli Sue said...

Weston is awesome!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family