Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Savanna's 14


Savanna had a birthday last week and was very celebrated. Jared and I both wanted her to have a special day, and we may have gone a bit overboard this year, she got two special days. The Saturday before her birthday, I took her shopping for some clothes because the girl is very picky about clothes and wears the same three outfits and washes them and wears them again because they are the only ones that are cool enough for her to fit in and cute enough for her body she is a little self conscious about. (She was pretty hungry after our 4 hour shopping excursion so I got her some chicken alfredo but we forgot the fork and she had to make a spoon out of a toilet paper roll, it seemed like a good idea until we took a picture then it looked weird.) Her friend Aislyn Macintyre "kidnapped" her after that and took her to IKEA just because she had never been and wanted to experience it, which was nice of them. 
That evening was her "friend party." This girl always wants a big friend party on her birthday even though I'm more of a family party kind of mom, this year I let her plan a party for her friends that included having a chalk throwing at the park. I wasn't keen about that idea but I was liking the thought of letting her invite as many people as she wanted because it would be outside at the park, she always wants to invite tons of people and I don't want them in my house. I even drove to Spanish Fork to pick up 30 bags of 100 ounce colorful powdered chalk. Alas, the rain poured all day (Mississippi style) and into the evening. Instead of canceling the party as I suggested, Savanna tried to reconvene at our house and I found myself with many 14 year olds in my living room. They were not liking the idea of hanging out there I guess, because some started walking to the park despite the cold rain and Jared had to make a plan B quick so we drove soggy them in 2 shifts down to kneaders and let them buy a treat. Savanna was disappointed, and tried her best to shake it off and enjoy the kneaders hang out instead, and Jared and I tried to put on a happy face while kicking ourselves for not having a better plan B for inclement weather.
 

Some reason the boys and girls all segregated themselves.


Caitlin and Aislyn, her two favorites stayed after the party to hang out


 On her actual birthday, though I was already burned out of celebrating it, I made her her breakfast request of grilled salmon and mashed potatoes. She had me wrap the presents (clothes from day before) so she had gifts to open. I invited all the Barretts over that evening for dinner so she could be more celebrated. That was the most joyful part of the whole birthday for me, and I hope Savanna thought so too, so I can convince her to "just have a family party" next year. :)





Savanna was very grateful for everything. She wrote us this note on the white board after we went to bed. We love you Savanna and are grateful you are in our family. What a fun outgoing cute friendly personality you have it's no wonder you want to share it with all your peers. You can plan the chalk throwing another day!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Grilled salmon and mashed potatoes for breakfast?? Crazy! Happy Birthday Savanna!!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family