Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Friday, November 11, 2022

October 2022

 October was both sad and miraculous. A piece of my heart was ripped out of my chest when Weston left for the Brazil MTC. October 17th will go down in my history as one of my most harrowing days, on par with August 22, 2007. I've had to adjust to bein without his calming, sweet, musical spirit. Jared and I now find ourselves in the peculiar situation of being "empty nesters," which I guess happens to everyone eventually but felt way too sudden and early in my life. The miracle of having a transfer in my position as a Counselor from American Fork to the MTC could not have come at a more perfect time. It was a huge shot in the arm for my work. And unmistakable evidence that God knows me and gave me just what I needed to have a soft landing for my grief. I was very blest by my associations in AF and miss my colleagues there, but am so very grateful to be at the MTC serving these missionaries as it feels like I am serving my Weston. There is a special spirit at the MTC, and the expectations are clear cut and the work load equally distributed, so it has been a wonderful transition. Jared has been so supportive of me now having to really be in office 8-5 every weekday, having to answer crisis calls when its my turn to be on call, and a little longer commute. He is taking some of the load of the house work and all the care of the animals which helps me feel so loved and cared for. 

Other happenings in October include 

  • a few random pictures from the trip we took to St George to visit Heidi conference weekend and making grape juice with Weston from my neighbor's excess concord grapes, 
  • a party for Katy Sue's birthday and my dad's retirement at the Lindon Arena and Veterans hall, 
  • Drive to Squaw peak to see the fall leaves
  • Our 23rd Wedding anniversary (on a Sunday didn't do much), the kids gave us a bouquet of flowers and a nice gift basked!
  • a beautiful hike on horrible drop off Weston day with Fiora and Jared to lift my spirits, 
  • a company party at AF where I presented a Lightweave picture (thank you Jesse) to my boss Ken who is also transferring but to Saratoga Springs, he love it so much he cried!
  •  a Halloween party at Jesse and Kelsy's home, McKay's 24th birthday which we celebrated by going to Black Sheep café and Savanna threw a fun party for him where we all dressed up. Sav and McKay looked amazing in their outfits--pirate and siren! 
  • Also we got some fun pictures of Weston at the Brazil MTC.

I really don't understand why the computer puts the pictures in reverse order when I upload them to the blog, but I don't have the patience to rearrange them all sorry. I'll label today.

Weston at Brazil MTC




Savanna and McKay at his birthday party















Jessy and Kelsy host Barrett Family Halloween Party





Birthday Lunch and therapy hike



Pictures at the Airport


























Pictures the night before we took Wes to airport















Pictures on Sunday of weston the day before he left









Dad's retirement party and Katy Sue's horse party































The view from my office at the MTC




Drive to Squaw peak to see the fall colors









First visit to the Provo MTC for me and company party










random picture of our ward choir and grape juice 







No comments:

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family