Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Heather's News



HEATHER SCHAUERS
(WEB)INTRO TO THE FIELD OF SOCIAL WORK
Lesson 1 M1 M2 M3 F G
Grade A A- B A A- A-
Percent 100 93 83 97 90 94
Date 03/04/08 02/06/08 02/22/08 02/29/08 03/17/08 03/17/08

My first independent study course went well. I finished it in two months and got an A- overall grade. My next class I'm half way through is Sociology or Current Social Problems, it is proving a bit tougher than Intro to Social Work. So far I've pulled an A- on a quiz, a B+ on a midterm, and a C on a 4 page paper. Yes, I am a little rusty on writing college essays (and the TA that graded it was a monster!). I think I have tried to take it to fast, so I am slowing it down and putting a little more effort into it, and now I know what the instructor expects a lot more, so I am optimistic about the 2nd half of the course.
This past week I have been trying to "hit the gym" and lose some weight before I go to Cancun and have to sport a swimming suit. My sister in law Amy ran with me three evenings and of course Yoga with Stacy on Wednesday, so I hope another two weeks of this will give me some results. Of course our resort is all inclusive (with 4 restaraunts) so odds are I'll put it all back on!
I am keeping busy with my choir leader, music chair person, relief society teacher and Reading Group leader callings. Jared and I decided to be Emergency Preparedness Block Captains, and speaking of being prepared I single-handedly replaced the water in our 50 gallon barrell and filled a 2nd barrell we just purchased. I trimmed our front roses and weeded/raked the flowers, and then we got 3-4 inches of snow today. *sigh* I need to start taking it easy, or I may just drop dead like the girl in a whirl.

4 comments:

Cami said...

Wow! You are doing GREAT! Everyone I know is going back to school . . . ok, just you and my mom. Still. I'm sure it's hard to get back into the hang of things, especially with kiddies around and whatnot. You still have to make time to see me when I come, you busy girl!

Stacy said...

Heather - you are truly the girl in a whirl. I can't believe all you do. And I am ready for yoga on Wednesday - I am just getting over being sore from last time so I guess it's time to go again!!!

Sara said...

Awesome Heather!

Johnsons said...

Heather, I so admire you for being able to do everything that you do! I am not a good multitasker. I have a salon in my basement, but quit doing hair after having my third baby. I just felt like I didn't have balance, but then I read this and think "what was I complaining about?"! You are amazing!!! Keep up the good work.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family