Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Monday, October 13, 2008

October

In October I'll be host
To witches goblins and a ghost
I feed them chicken soup and toast
Whoopy once Whoopy twice
Whoopy chicken soup with rice!

Fiora memorized this poem she learned in Kindergarten. She likes to memorize poems. Ask her to recite one for you sometime.
I had a parent teacher conference with Savanna's teacher and he said she's fun to have in class and is the best story writer in class. Savanna has had a lot of practice at writing stories. Her preferred past-time is to be hunched over a ream of paper creating a story and illustrating it. I never know whether to save the results or chuck them. There are just so many! I've started encouraging her to make stories on the computer so she doesn't use so much paper. Some of her stories are pretty funny, with some fighting scenes and some love scenes. I thought this story looked pretty interesting, but she hid it under her bed before she wrote any dialogue:





I wouldn't mention this to her if I were you. She gets pretty embarrassed about certain things still, I imagine mom snooping under her bed and finding an unfinished story would be one of those things.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Jesse and Kelsy and Wendy and Ashlyn for watching our kids for us while we went to Park City to celebrate our 9th anniversary. We had a wonderful time. Jared showered me with gifts! I'm so glad he has stuck with me all these years. We are very blessed.

7 comments:

Amber said...

That story is hilarious, she sounds like quite the character. Happy anniversary by the way, we celebrated 10 years in February. Where does the time go??!

Natalie said...

That is awesome. You definitely need to save THAT particular story :)

Sara said...

LOVE those pictures! I'm sure there is a great story! And have you really been married 9 years now?! That is so great. Congratulations!

Peggy said...

Too funny!

runningfan said...

Happy anniversary! Love the story...

Maria Olson said...

What have you been teaching your children Heather? So funny. Happy anniversary. Ours is coming up on the 25th.

Cami said...

Wow. Holy cow. What a talent! That is very funny.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family