Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Friday, July 10, 2009

Rappleye Family Reunion


This year the reunion was fast, I can't believe we're home already. We had a lot of fun, not nearly enough time for all we planned. Jared hauled 3 fourwheelers down there, one for my parents and two for us, and we were so glad we had them. The cabins we all stayed in were quite a ways apart so the 4wheelers made convenient travel back and forth. We also got up early to explore the trail system around the lake. And we took the 4 wheelers to the beach area the 3rd day and let all the family ride them around the beach. Bear Lake was just beautiful, and and cabins were set on hills so you had a gorgeous view at all times. The kids LOVED the hot tub on the deck, and there was a nice kitchen area for all our family members to eat there. The kids' favorite time was the second day on the beach playing with water toys and swimming. The girls got nasty sunburns despite my lathering them with sunscreen. Jared's favorite activity was 4 wheeling. My favorite activity was a boat ride in Uncle Mike's inflatable boat and watching him water ski. He is over 60 and has such great form! I also loved the talet show, we have so many talented people in the Rappleye family! My parents were stellar in the dance we did to the song "I want to love you tender." All the Barretts danced, even the little kids, and we got a lot of laughs. The last day we had to go to "La Beaus" and bought the famous Bear Lake Raspberry shakes. Yum!
92 people came to this reunion, not including babies, it was an excellent turn out. I made a short (raw and unedited) video of the first day there and part of the talent show, if anyone would like a copy let me know. I have to say it was my favorite reunion of my adult years because my kids were older. Not having toddlers or a baby to care for while trying to enjoy all the activities made for a very pleasant experience. We were still really tired when we got home though, playing hard wears one out!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Looks like tons of fun! I can't wait for my family's bear lake trip in a few weeks. Love those raspberry shakes. I think that you all look great in black and red and the nice sun on your faces! Looks like a pretty crazy week, but fun. I am glad things went well!

Carpenter Column said...

Heather! I kept wondering about you during the reunion - in a good way- you were all happy and positive the whole time! Now I see why it was your favorite reunion- no babies or being prego. Wow, that does make a difference doesn't it? :)

Kiera said...

That was a good reunion:) I'm glad I made it to this one!! I would love to see the video you took sometime! Your family skit was HILARIOUS! Those talent shows are so much fun!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family