Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bryce Canyon






Jared took me to Bryce Canyon for our 10th anniversary this last weekend. It was a great break from school/work for us and we had a fantastic time. The weather was perfect! The first day we explored on the 4 wheelers but the green machine got a flat tire so we rode together for a while until that one got a flat also. So we had to go to the hotel and relax. We had a all-you-can-eat buffet that included ribs. I managed to stear clear of the dessert bar, but we both got really full. We watched an episode of "Man vs Food" and it made us ill because we were so full. The next day we saw an "award winning" film on Bryce in the visitors center then we hiked our legs off. 12 miles in all, up and down 2400 foot drops. Gorgeous! The fall colors were perfect. My legs hurt after that. We came back late and were exhausted. We attempted a hot tub visit, but there were about 5 kids in there, one of which was a two year old in a huge floatation, so we left pretty quickly. The next morning I could barely walk, but wanted to do one more hike, so I thought I'd just hike off the stiffness. Not so, it was agony going down that drop again, I could tell my body was mad at me when it hurt so bad nothing looked pretty any more. I toughed it out and have all sorts of great analogies about life from that hike. I made it the almost 4 miles and we just left after that. When we got to Gunnison to visit Jared's parents I was paralyzed. But they fed us steaks and corn so I was happy. Good memories.

4 comments:

Maria Olson said...

Looks like fun! Sorry about the soreness. That is a lot of hiking. I think it would have killed me.

Sara said...

Oh my, 10 years! Congrats! And what a fun way to celebrate. Glad you have fun.

The Snow Family said...

Four babies will do a number on your hips and joints eh! You two are a beautiful couple.

Cami said...

So fun! Congrats on 10 years, and what a lovely trip.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family