Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Keepin' 'em happy

Kids can be hard to please. Either their bored, or overworked (ha ha), or injusticed, or disappointed, or mad, or all of the above. Have you ever read the book "David gets in trouble" ? Those phrases, "It was an accident" "I forgot" "Its not my fault" "Do I have to?" "But she likes it" "But dad says it!" all get said around here on a regular basis. Sometimes all I can do is sit on the couch an console the next kid who has been victimized in some way. Weston yelled to the world this morning that "everyone in this house is being mean to me today!" after Savanna opened up the door to his secret club under the sink four or five times. Good Weston, that was just the reaction she was looking for. Savanna was enraged when the finger-nail polish polka dots on her fingers didn't turn out just right and had to let out a piercing scream and refuse to go downstairs and calm down as I suggested. She also didn't really like Fiora and Weston refusing to learn the dance she wanted to teach them. Fiora just had it at the grocery store, when I didn't buy the $1.47 candy that came with a bunny keychain. She begged and pleaded, cried and sulked, and moped all the way home. I have tried to keep my cool while all around me kids lose theirs, but once I did slap the counter and yell, but its "not my fault" Weston kept hitting Fiora because she tripped him while they were dancing (which really WAS an accident). I have half a mind to cancel Easter. The candy part.

But other than keeping them happy, I have enjoyed being with my kids this weekend. Its always nice Thursday after school when they come home from school excited to see me and knowing I don't have to go to school the next day and can just be their servant. I mean their mom. Ha ha. I'm not complaining, we have really good kids. Poor Fiora got sick Friday and fainted at school after hitting her elbow on the table, the nurse called me saying she had a seizure and I was a little freaked out. But after explaining it to me I concluded she fainted, but falling under the cafeteria table scared the teacher there. I was glad I wasn't in school myself so I could go get her and take her home, give her a nice bath, and spend some one-on-one time with her. She read me almost a whole chapter book! She threw up that evening so I'm sure there is some kind of sickness that caused her to faint when she hit her elbow. But today she seems OK. (She's embarrassed about the fainting part so don't tell anyone.)

I got to meet with my supervisor up at LDS Family Services on Thursday for about an hour. She was awesome, and the manager of the adoption team, which I will be part of from May until August. I just feel so blessed to be given that assignment. Jared took me out to lunch after that so it was a good day. Friday I get to hang with my cute little man Weston, we went to the store and got some new church clothes and did other errands. He was such a good boy we went to Arby's for lunch. He's a good kid.

We are going through the "Hannah Montana" episodes on Netflix. We go through episode phases, first it was iCarly, then Wizards of Waverly Place, Spongebob, now Hannah. So much for not having a TV. At least no lame commercials. We tried to play a hannah montana board game the other night instead of watching episodes, playing the game sure is a lot louder and more contentious, but hey we were spending quality time together! Don't want their brains to turn to mush.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Oh my! Yikes about the fainting! That would have scared me to death. Glad it wasn't a seizure. Good luck with your adoption team!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family