Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Friday, March 26, 2010

"Why are you asking about my dry eyes?"

The title to this post is a quote from a movie called "The Kid." The main guy goes to a psychiatrist and she noticed his eye is twitching, he denies the twitch, "I have dry eyes! Why are you asking about my dry eyes?!" I guess because it would mean something is psychologically wrong with him. I have a twitch in my left eye. I don't know why, but it won't go away. And I think of that movie every time it twitches. Maybe its because my "head has too much education," a quote from my sister Krystal's comic strip about my life, I love it:



But on to the past week. Weston has scarlet fever. We got him into the doctor this morning after three days of a persisting fever, no appetite, congestion, a white tongue, and a fine rash on his back, arms, and tummy. He also had some throw-up, he would give us some warning coughs before he puked so we could grab the throw-up bucket for him. Last night he would just cough and yawn, but never actually produced. Jared was there with the bucket just in case and Weston said after a few minutes, "Hey its a pattern, cough, yawn, cough , yawn." So he's on antibiotics now and should get better soon. I hate to see him so sick. This was Weston before the sickness:

This is Weston during recovery from scarlet fever:

Tissues, water, and a garbage always by his side. But he is still a handsome man! Why is Joseph there you may ask, if Weston is so sick? Joseph is sick too, my mom dropped him off so she could do her duties. When kids get sick it puts a wrench in moms' plans.

Jared says my "stay-at-home-mom" muscles are out of shape, because I get more grumpy and tired from staying home with sick kids (or even healthy kids) than I do when I'm at school for 12 hours. Yes I'm weird, school is a respite, not work. But I still love my family!

Fiora was invited to a birthday party at Kangaroo Zoo on Friday so I took her to join the party, and took my other two kids also, and so all three in for 14 dollars. The fish really jumped in the boat that day. The party host even gave all of them a pizza, even though only Fiora was invited. They had fun jumping off their energy for a couple hours. I really wanted to take them since they missed cousin Trevan's birthday at Kangaroo Zoo the week prior.



2 comments:

Cami said...

First of all, don't we ALL know by now that being a mommy is harder than ANYTHING else? Of course school is a respite. You are doing so great!

Also, poor Weston. Jeffy always gets scarlet fever. I hate that. And he was so spidey-like before! Miss those kids. We need to play again.

As far as my birthday, no plans. Don't you want to go out with me? Jake will treat. :)

Holly said...

ohhh poor westie i heard he was sick, but i didnt realize how bad! i LOVE that spidey picture of him soo funny.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family