Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Back to School



My kids have some character don't they? You gotta love these outfits, compliments of Aunt Wendy. So yes, school started. My kids are all in school all day. Wow, what do you do with your time, you ask? So far my time has been absorbed with visits, cleaning, appointments, lawn care, and grocery shopping. I'm not sitting home eating popcorn and watching Oprah. Wait, I don't watch Oprah anyway. Bad analogy. The point is, I keep busy. And school is starting for me tomorrow which means, I'll still be busy.
The kids did great the first 3 days. They leave together and they meet up together after school. Weston did say that staying that long at school is hard, and there is a boy in his class that is already starting to be a bully, but otherwise he likes school. The girls have no complaints. I am diligently enforcing the music practicing in the morning, but for some reason the kids don't really like to practice. I think its harder to do housework than sit and play an instrument, but they have been opting to do a chore rather than practice. I actually practiced Savanna's violin one morning while she did the dishes, trying to show her how easy and enjoyable it is to sit and play while someone does the house work. She got all antsy because I wasn't doing it right and eventually took the violin and showed me. I can now play a D major scale and Twinkle Twinkle on the violin.
Here are the back to school on the first day pictures.






4 comments:

Holly said...

i love having free time now! but it goes by so fast! to fast.

Lettie said...

Love the matching outfits!

The Snow Family said...

Love the new blog look and I love you!

Cami said...

Savanna is a teacher already eh? Way to go. They look great for their first day of school. Good luck to you too!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family