Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall Soccer

This year Weston was a yellow Lightening and Savanna was a lavendar Hurricane.







My kids are quite the mediocre soccer players, but they have fun and get exercise and that is what its all about, right? Savanna mostly played goalie this fall, she stopped a lot of balls! Her defenders were worthless so Savanna had a lot of opportunities to block the goal. Weston needs to put some of the aggression he experiences fighting his sisters into kicking the ball. He lags behind and jogs and kicks it when it comes to him, not hard, but he always says afterwards that he had fun and likes soccer. I guess Fiora is the smart one, knowing full and well without even trying that she doesn't want to run that hard to get kicked and tripped and be blocked by eight other players. Fiora is doing gymnastics and that is quite good enough for her. The kids sure love jumping on the tramp! Weston wants to get in karate or Tae Kwan Do, he lives in a marshall art dream land. Even on the soccer field you will see him karate chopping the air and sweep kicking an unseen enemy. Maybe next year, maybe, he will be in a self defense class instead of soccer.

Jared has recently been into flipping ATV's. Every week or so he has a new one sitting in our garage that he got a stealofadeal on and plans to sell for profit. He even flipped a fridge. He claims he is earning back my tuition and books, and that leaves me in no position to argue.

I Heather am settling into my grueling semester. Now that 20 hours of my week are spent at my internship, finding time to study has been tricky. I let the pressure take over last week, because I got sick, and so I was spent physically and mentally I was ready to quit my callings, school, internship, mom and wife, and admit myself to a psych hospital. But it also made me grateful for my health, I really haven't been sick like that since I started school, what a blessing. No time to be sick. Lovely how I take on the world one day and am crushed by the weight of it the next day. I'm trying to just take it one day at a time and unwind my tightness. We are so blessed.


This is Weston last week, I came home and Savanna had tucked him in and turned on a movie and was making him soup because he threw up twice at school. (I think I got his sickness.) I was worried about my girls getting it and told them what they need to do if they get sick at school--call Karli, call Jared, and then call me--but only if they are throwing up or have a fever. Fiora took my lecture as permission to get checked out of school. The next day Fiora called Karli and got checked out saying she didn't feel good, and Karli had to take her to Jared's office because Karli had school, and Fiora seemed just fine. I don't know what to think about that, but we had a talk about it.

4 comments:

Amy said...

You are almost there with this school thing, you can DO IT! Sorry I didn't get to chat with you last night as much as I wanted to - we all got the flu. By the time we got home we were all sick. Boy did that come on fast! Oh I'm feeling your pain today.

The Snow Family said...

Coping skills go out the window when you are sick. I hope you are back up to par these days. I am so proud of you, Heather! Hang in there.

Lettie said...

Wow Heather, your life is busy busy crazy. No wonder you were ready to check yourself into a psych ward. Hang in there!

Cami said...

Oh, I am SORRY you were sick. I've been wanting to see you, but I KNOW things are so busy! You take care of you!

I'm glad your kids have fun in soccer. I have to find a sport my kids LIKE. Seriously.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family