Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day and more




Mother's day is never a bad day for me. Jared gave me "tangled" and a new crock pot, and he paid full price. He must really love me!!! My kids love showering me with gifts and cards and Jared always makes me breakfast, it really lifts my spirits. My mom also gave me a gift, the "Master Mom Award" and a gift card. I gave her some begonia's for her front porch. I love my mom, she is a wonderful example of strength and faith and always relying on the Spirit to guide her and I'm grateful for that in my life.


Silly Weston. Weston spends hours and hours outside on the trampoline with his sword. He must be in some kind of make believe world to be able to stay out there that long. He has been dragging his feet lately whenever its time to get out the door, or start FHE, or go to bed. He is usually the person we are waiting on, and he gets frustrated when we all try to hurry him along. Weston gave me some marigolds and a handmade book of things he loves about me for Mother's day. It melted my heart! I love this boy.




Did anyone know Fiora is a master speller? She is always in the 100s club at school because she never misses a word on her spelling tests! She is also an avid reader, maybe that goes hand in hand with spelling well. Fiora gave me a hand crafted boquet of flowers and a beautiful card for mother's day, and gave me lots of hugs. Lately Fiora has been heading out the door to school without her glasses on, but she always runs back for them, its funny that she keeps forgetting. She was a huge help at our yard sale this weekend, shaking YARD SALE signs and helping set up and regulate sales. Fiora has had a hard time with the no-candy contract but she is chewing lots of gum and being amazingly patient.



Savanna really surprised me this year. She went to our neighbor's yard sale and bought, with her own money, a shirt that fit me perfectly and wrapped it up for me for mother's day. I thought that was above and beyond sweet! She was also a big help at the yard sale. She is persevering with the violin lessons, still practicing although she'd rather not, and this despite the fact that her teacher took a maternity leave this month. Savanna asked me to draw a portrait of her and Fiora and Weston now that I have extra time, so I think I will take her up on that. Savanna finished soccer last week, and look what her coach said about her in an email:
"I am just so excited about our game today and wanted to congratulate all the girls for how well they played. I am so impressed. A special cheer for Savanna and Marrissa for great goalkeeping. There were some awesome saves today that I wouldn't have imagined their age girls could get!!!! They are FEARLESS!"




Weston finished up soccer last week, he did a really good job this season as a defender. He would stay at the goal end of the field and make sure if the ball came that way he kicked it back the other direction. He did a pretty good job of it! He is not the most aggressive player, but he seems to be getting better at it every year. We signed him up for a beginning karate class this summer and he is really excited about it.









Weston and his new map on his wall. I got this idea from my friend, it makes a perfect decor for a little boy's bedroom, and also educational!







Savanna often asks me regarding various tasks and duties, "mom, isn't there some way you can be more creative about this?" (She is a true descendent of her Grandma Sandy, alas, I am not creative like Sandy was.) Well, my cousin Rachelle has some really creative dinner ideas, and I borrowed this idea from her. Since we can't have dessert, I made meatloaf cupcakes for dinner. That frosting is actually garlic mashed potatoes. The kids loved this idea! The meatloaf tasted the same as ever, but because it was creative, Savanna thought it was so great! She wants meatloaf cupcakes for her birthday dinner!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

So what is the no treat thing you are doing? I'm thinking of diving into that and would love some ideas :)

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family