Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Best present ever

Jared has been working hard at real estate this month. He hasn't even done his weekly fishing trip or 4-wheeling spree that he usually does once a week! He took time out of his busy work schedule to do two things for me this week: buy me furniture in Murray and go the the temple with me. Well, the furniture thing was only coincidentally close to my birthday, but I count it as my birthday gift because it sure made my week! Jared found some beautiful vintage couches and a marble-top coffee table on KSL. They had just been posted and the lady selling them had them custom made twelve years ago and paid $5000.00. They looked like new, and she was only asking $950.00 for the set because she was moving and needed to sell them quick. We couldn't believe it, I couldn't believe it! I have wanted couches like that for as long as I can remember and never thought I would own any in my lifetime because I thought I'd have to pay thousands of dollars for them. We called the neighbors to come sit with the kids and we left the house at 8:00 PM to go to Murray to get those couches before anyone else claimed them. I could not believe my eyes, they were perfect! I felt like it was a birthday gift from Heaven! I'm not sure the pictures do them justice. They have been very well taken care of and do not look 12 years old. Yet they look like they were made for a castle built in 1780! I love them.








For my birthday I was able to go to the temple with Jared in the morning. My friend Stacy took me to lunch and we had a great visit that afternoon. Then I went to Carrabbas for dinner with my parents and grandma and siblings and we came home and had cake with the kids. I also got many birthday wishes on text and facebook, it was wonderful! Savanna and Fiora had "bought" a little ceramic figurine from the citizen slip store at school and gave that to me for my birthday. Weston made me a letter with coupons to make breakfast for 15 days and make my bed for 17 days. He also said, "you are the best mom I have ever had!" I'm very grateful for the many many blessings the Lord has given me, my family is my dearest treasure!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

The couches look great without the sheets over them! :)) I'm so excited for you! Does anyone get to sit on them yet?

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family