Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Addicted to staying busy

My sister Karli was released from her nanny job here just in time to go to Hawaii and work for Bill Nielson as an office administrator for the summer. Justin and Kali decided to go there also and work for Bill for the summer. (I am somewhat jealous they are in a warmer climate, but Jared got our tickets to Oahu Aug 5-12, so I have that to look forward to!) So my mom threw together a go-away Luau party for them at my house and surprised them. It was an added fun to have decorations and leis for the dinner. I made chinese food for everyone, they eat that in Hawaii right? My mom did bring a pineapple. It was fun!












I plunged head first into the deep end of the projects I've been putting off around the house. The first task was to borrow Jesse's rainbow vacuum and deep clean all my carpets. The air smelt sweeter after that! Then we moved Fiora downstairs into Karli's old room and moved Weston into the girls' old room and set up his new blue bedroom! I think it looks so much nicer than his old piecemeal bedroom. He loves it! We are waiting on a world map for his wall that is coming in the mail, it will be the perfect finishing touch.









Then I went through all my storage and pulled out everything we want to get rid of and yard sale. Its all sitting in my basement still because the weather was horrifying Saturday so we had to postpone the yard sale until this Saturday. Then things like cleaning baseboards and walls, hasn't been done for literally years, and it takes time! and you need to wash curtains more than once every two years I've discovered. I wanted to make jam because we are out. All this on top of the regular dishes, laundry, bathrooms, homework, soccer, etc. Being a stay at home mom is hard work when you are addicted to staying busy!!!

Yesterday was the first decent day of the year, so Jared and I did some yard work. I got all the weeds out of the garden, he tilled new soil our neighbor Bill gave us into the garden, we mowed the lawn, and moved pavers. Today I spent $$ on flower and vegetable starts and put the garden in at last! There was no way I was trying to plant from seeds this freezing spring, but it does cost more to buy starts. I treated the ground for ants, pulled all the weeds, and put in strawberries, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, and tomatoes. About 10 minutes after I had it ALL done, the cat dug up one of my zucchini starts and started to poop in my garden!!! I freaked out, he ran away, but who knows if that taught him anything. I ran to Home Depot and got some small animal repellent to put around the perimeter. I hope it works.





4 comments:

Stacy said...

Yeah Heather! Way to go - I wish I could get all those things done around my house. I can hardly get the normal things done! Weston's room is super cute - I love it.

Kaylee said...

Way to go! I am definitely an "addicted-to-staying-busy stay home mom!" It feels so good to get lots done in a day!

Natalie said...

I'm totally crying from reading your posts about your graduation. It is just so touching to see a family pull together and support you as you do something difficult and challenging. You are amazing, and I'm so grateful I get to be inspired by you :)

Robin said...

nice job! wow! where do you get all that energy? can I borrow some? love ya, Robin

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family