Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weston's Baptism

 Yes, Weston's birthday got lost in the crowd of events happening in June, so I barely glossed over it in the last post. But I knew his "big day" was coming up, which was yesterday, so this post is dedicated to him.  Weston was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints June 30, 2012 by his father Jared.  It was a wonderful occasion and I am so grateful for the family members who came and supported our family on his special day.  

The Baptism was at 9:00 AM so we were in a flurry getting ready. Weston and the girls had the opportunity to sing "When I am Baptized" for the musical number and we've practiced all month. It turned out nicely I think.  I was asked to play prelude and accompany the music for the whole baptism, so I felt a little preoccupied by that when I would have liked to be greeting people, but I tried to enjoy the proceedings all the same. We were lucky to have a friend of Weston's be baptized the same day, Nathan Nolte, they are a good family the Noltes so we were glad they were there.
Nathan Nolte and Weston

The Brethren who confirmed Weston
My dad gave a beautiful testimony and Jared gave a beautiful confirmation blessing. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful righteous brethren to be Weston's father and Grandfather, and models for life. And special thanks to my mom who lead the music for the baptism, we sang quite a few songs while Weston and Jared were getting dressed, (I guess Jared was primping, he's gotta look his best!) Gathering everyone for pictures was tricky, but we did it! Thanks everyone for your patience with my gathering efforts, hard to get a good picture of everyone with my not-so-great camera, but I still wanted to capture the crowd of our wonderful support group!


Our Family


We had a crepe buffet at our home afterwards, which turned out nicely. And thankfully the Snow's brought some magic carmel sauce and muffins because I may have underestimated how much food to make. I was pretty hungry so it was nice to have some yummy food after the baptism, and thanks to my husband for helping me set everything up and cleaning up afterwards. Heidi took some pictures for me of the crepe buffet while I was eating and trying to bring my blood sugar back to normal levels.
Kayden, Weston, Trevan, Joseph

Jared and Justin

Lynn, Holly, Bonnie, Grandpa Neil

Grandma Barrett, Heidi

Justin and Kali

Grandma Rappleye, Kelsy, Jesse

Wendy, Heidi W, Lyndi
Weston is a special boy to me. He and I have had so much fun learning duets, he has such a great attitude about my teaching him piano.  He loves to organize his toys, which makes me so happy that he is taking car of the things we buy him. He is funny and smart and loves to play catch with me or Jared.  He is a delightful boy, I couldn't have asked for a better son. I have so many cute pictures of him I thought I may as well post some of while I'm bragging about him.  We love you Weston!
At Karli's birthday party 2011

riding home with dad, fell asleep 2010

at the Mayan 2010

at my graduation, 2011

at the firestation 2011

Halloween 2011

fishing with dad 2012

Christmas 2011

Ice fishing, 2012

Cruise diner, 2012

Cruise 2012

Scout day camp, 2012

8th birthday 2012

New bike 2012


Jeremiah Johnson camp 2012

Recital spring 2012

Visiting Grandpa Neil, 2012


2 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like a great day sorry we missed it! Congrats Weston!

Queen B said...

He's a handsome little guy! Tell him congratulations on his baptism!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family