Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Olympics=Relief


One of the things I love about this area in Lindon is the wild sunflowers. This particular sunflower was growing right in the street, talk about hardy! I don't know where they are finding water, but they just line the trail I run on and pop up everywhere and anywhere up here. Fiora was a little angel and picked this flower for me.



Summer is SUCH a busy time for Jared!  He works very hard, and gets all drained and has little energy to recreate and play.  No summer vacations for us, because from our viewpoint that just means more work.   I also have this great super job I love that is somewhat "on-call" so you never know when a session is going to pop up on the schedule so its hard to plan things. His hours aren't excessive, but when he works he really works, and the hot temperatures are offensive to him, so he has been feeling pretty drained lately.  I feel drained too, so I and Jared has been loving watching Olympics in the evening, keeps him relaxed and entertained at the same time and I don't have to worry about entertaining him or "getting out the the house." I like to relax at home.

Other than watching olympics, the kids and I have managed to have a pretty busy and event-filled week.  Monday my niece Lucy Carpenter came to sleep over. They were very well behaved and I barely noticed she was here.  Tuesday Lucy, Savanna and Fiora decided to sell snow cones and got me all involved in that project. They managed to advertise their efforts and made 6 dollars.
Fiora's idea, but all girls worked to make this fabulous sign.
Tuesday Weston was invited to go on a hike to the Y with his friend Nathan Nolte and his family.  He was super excited and filled a water bladder backpack and did great! He came home with a sweaty back and had a great workout.

Wednesday we were invited to go to the Allred's pool with the scouts in the evening and had fun throwing water bombs and going down the water slide.  What a fun pool!

Thursday I made tinfoil dinners in the fire pit and finally succumbed to my kids' pleas to set up the tent on the trampoline.  They all bravely slept out there without mom or dad, and I'm sure woke up the neighborhood with their laughs and shrieks at 7:30 in the morning. This was also the day Weston shook the whole basement doing front flips onto the bean bag and his heel made a hole in the wall and the tenants actually came over due to the noise for the first time in a year. Weston has two mottos: Weston is Awesome and Weston does Flips. Flips are now banned to the outdoors. Fiora lost her first molar this day as well. Since she was out in the tent the next morning, the tooth fairy had little difficulty putting money on her bed undetected.

Friday I was in a rage sorting through all their clothes and trying to figure out what they needed for school clothes this year. They've had so many hand-me downs from neighbors and family members, half of which are never worn, and all three have really grown significantly this past year so it seemed like another half was too small. It had gotten so out of hand, drawers overflowing and clothes everywhere, but a couple hours of sorting and a huge DI pile later, we were ready to go shopping for a few needed items.

After shopping (grueling! Jared usually does it but he has no time, in fact he and his partner Justin had me running all over Orem getting POAP cards for "Fiddler on the Roof" tickets for everyone cuz their "so busy"), we stopped by the Scera pool to swim.  The kids have fond memories of this particular pool because they had all their swim lessons there. What fine swimmers we have. I forgot sunscreen but thankfully no sunburns happened.






No comments:

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family