Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

How's work

How is work Heather?  Well, there is a never ending list of things to do around here. Even though my kids aren't "little" anymore they still seem to create a mess wherever they go. Savanna's baking creations keep me busy cleaning the kitchen, even though she does her level best to clean up after herself. School projects and homework seems to take my time, even though the kids know my policy "Succeed on your own, fail on your own."  Getting kids to their practices games and lessons seems to completely absorb my weeknights, even though I had made a promise to myself to simplify this year. And to top it all off Jared threw out his back this past Saturday, so he has been laying flat for 3 days straight and when he walks he leans on me and has me or the kids fetch him things and shrieks in pain now and then, so having a disabled husband added work to my weekend. Running a home and family is a lot of work! But totally worth it, I love my family very much.

Oh, did you mean my job with Successful Therapy?  That is actually my break. I have enjoyed that job, it has caused some stress and definitely has been a learning experience the past year, but overall I've had fun with it, and helping others manage emotional pain is something that I find fulfilling.  Before school started a couple weeks ago I had about 15 clients in a pay period, and that has dropped to 6-7 this pay period.  It ebbs and flows, which is the nature of the position. I've been receiving some positive feedback from my clients and supervisor so I think the Lord is keeping my going in the right direction. I try to keep reading and keep myself fresh with coping tools, and this past week I read Victor Frankl's "Man's Search for Meaning" which I absolutely loved and highly recommend.

I got to go with Savanna on her field trip to the Timpanogos Story Telling Festival.  I don't know why they needed parents with them but it was fun for me nonetheless. Sav seemed to have mixed feelings about my being there, she sure has a lot of friends. One thing I noticed while there is that she sits at the boys' table during lunch, some of her best buddies are guys. Sav is nothing like I was at that age, I had one or two "best" friends and she seems to have 20 great friends and no "best" friend at all.  I've noticed she is a good girl and a good example to her friends.

On the bus going to the Storytelling Festival

Bored or happy or embarrassed or annoyed Savi?
 For Labor Day we did a lot of work, at least I did, Jared was laid up. The kids did pretty good with practicing and chores too, so we went to "The Amazing Spider Man" together, and for the evening I took the kids to Highland Glen park where there is a big pond and we had dinner with the Barretts.  Holly was taking school pictures of Rachel and Kynsie, they were so pretty with make up and everything. 
Rachel (and Sav playing with Grandma's wheelchair)

Kynsie

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Nice update!

The Snow Family said...

I am just warning you...it never slows down. Isn't that great! No couch potatoes in this family.

Heidi said...

Oh, and I read so far down that I just remembered Jared's back! Hope it heals soon! Loves...

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family