Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Humorous

Life is great, isn't it? We had a week when there were flies in droves everywhere outside, and one or three would get in the house if you opened the door at all.  Flies make themselves right at home when the come in, and eat our crumbs, land on our food, and fly around our heads all night, on purpose. Thankfully the weather cooled off soon because the fly population seems to have dropped dramatically this week and we were even able to enjoy a nice Sunday dinner outside on our deck without feeling like we were victims in a movie called "Attack of the Flies."

Weston was with Jared when he got the mail one day and saw a credit card offer with a real-looking credit card Jared was about to toss in the garbage and asked him if he could keep that credit card.  Jared let him have it.  That very Saturday Weston went garage sale-ing with Jared and wanted to buy a scooter.  Jared asked him if he brought any money.  Weston said, "I have this!" and pulled out the real-looking credit card out of his wallet. Jared let him buy the scooter on loan, and didn't realize til late that night he never set Weston straight as to why that card wouldn't work.

My kids' idea of "keep your wet towels off your bedroom floor" is to pile them in the middle of the bathroom, on the floor.  This is a step up from letting them mildew on the carpet, but it still makes for a lot of towel washing every week.  They also all think they need TWO towels to dry off every time they bathe. Jared and I use ONE same towel all week, the only difference is we hang ours up after we're done so I don't have to do excess laundry.  I guess I need to give the kids a one-towel-per-week allotment and make them wash their own dang towels.

Fiora and I decided to join my parents and siblings up at Hope campground for a nice fall evening picnic.  There was a camp host there who was a little hyperactive about collecting the 7 dollar fee per vehicle and tried to sell us extra firewood twice, and kept doing the rounds making sure he didn't miss a vehicle. We had three cars there, hence a $21 fee, so we were determined to make the night a fun one.  Unfortunately it had rained earlier that day and the fire pit and some of the wood we bought was a little damp, so it took two or so hours to get a good fire going. Good thing there were 12 of us and only 3 pie irons, cuz it took an hour to get the first sandwich nice and toasted. Once the fire started nice and hot, we were burning the sandwiches because we were accustomed to 30 minutes per side rotation, but at least when they were burned they didn't stick to the iron and make it difficult to scrape out. In fact I dropped Krystal's burned pizza sandwich in the dirt, twice, because it came out so easily.  The rain came back and we were soaked and all our food stuff and table clothes were soaked, but my dad and I kept reassuring oursleves "THIS IS SO FUN!"  Weston was all mad he had to miss out because of gymnasitcs, but I'm rather relieved Jared Savanna and Weston didn't come late and pay another 7 dollars to the crazy camp host to get soaking wet and eat burned toastites.  My mom did roast some prize winning marshmallows on those hot coals towards the end there!

Jared and I went on an over nighter marriage retreat at Aspen Lakes hosted by our Stake.  We danced and ate good food and listened to inspirational speakers and developed our relationship, and slept outside in the cold. I'm not one for camping anymore. I tried to make the most of it by bringing our big air mattress and putting sheets and blankets on it and bringing our pillows, Jared thought my flower sheets were funny and took pictures of me trying to make our bed like it is at home.  That night I was wishing for a zero degree sleeping bag! The wind was going all night and my face was painfully cold, and Jared was kind enough to let me get close to him for warmth but that meant every time either of us moved we both woke up.  I did a good job of being upbeat and positive about it all, but looking back I say if you have extra sins that need purging, try camping, a cold sleepless night might be just what you need to work off some guilt!  We were very appreciative of Aunt Wendy who got the kids to their soccer games so we could improve our marriage and purge our sins. I sure love my Jared!






Jared wants to own a little lake like this







No comments:

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family