Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Monday, October 21, 2013

Happy Anniversary



 Savanna and Fiora and Weston (but mostly Savanna) made this amazing poster for Jared and me on our anniversary. Jared and I have been married 14 years! He took me to Salt Lake to see an opera. Talk to me in person if you care to hear my opinion about that experience. My favorite part of going to the opera was coming home to a clean kitchen and a cute poster! The kids decided to make peanut butter bars, then clean the kitchen, clear the catch-all counter, fold the laundry, and clean the living room as a service to us on our special day. We felt very loved and we loved them.

Fiora has been struggling in math, and thought she was failing. She was saying things like "I'll never be good enough!" and was bringing home low scores on tests and assignments. So I questioned her teacher, and she said, "I absolutely do not believe Fiora is failing in math! She is getting an A in the regular curriculum. She is not keeping up with the accelerated program which is only for the kids who want to learn at a faster pace. Have her come talk to me so I can clear up the confusion." Fiora was very afraid to talk to her teacher, because she thought she was the slowest, and didn't know how to communicate to her teacher that she felt slow and the only one taking home lots of homework because she couldn't finish it fast enough at school, and wanted me to come with her. But I could sense that her teacher wanted to talk to only Fiora, so I encouraged her to face it. She very bravely went early to class and talked to her teacher, who helped her understand the system and gave her some extra opportunities to learn at her pace. She felt much better after, and I was very proud of Fiora! Coincidentally she got her scholastic book order that day, as if it was a reward for her courage.

Weston had pass-offs at gymnastics Saturday. I couldn't get any good shots of his events but I got some warm ups. He is in the back row in the blue shorts and white shirt. He has improved a lot in the past two months. He qualified for team 5! Way to go Weston.

 




 Getting ready for our family pictures Saturday. Final results forthcoming...




We celebrated my mom's 56th birthday on Sunday. She is trying very hard to keep her anti-inflametory diet so we didn't do a birthday cake. But we put fruit in a cup and put candles in that. We had soup and salad bar too. Gabe came in after the birthday song with an accordion. Pretty fun.We love our mother/grandmother!




1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like the best anniversary present ever and it wasn't even from Jared :-)

Love your new family pic at the top of the blog!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family