Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Savanna's love notes

I like to scan and post things that I know may get lost over the years. Savanna and I got into an argument one day because I asked her to read the Book of Mormon and she informed me that anything I want her to do she doesn't want to do because I want her to. She doesn't want to do things because I want her to she wants to do things because she wants to. So basically anything that is important to me that I have tried to push her towards she has purposely backed away from. I was pretty upset about this and was battling all sorts of guilt for trying to steer Savanna in certain directions and by so doing inadvertently steering her in the opposite direction, but tried to remember that she is 12 and therefore her brain is still developing and her reasoning might be emotionally skewed. The next day I found a series of notes all over the house, so apparently the guilt bug bit Savanna too. Interestingly enough, I found a note in Weston's closet that said "I hate you mom!" written in Savanna's writing, which apparently had been hidden there for quite some time. I actually liked this polarity of emotional display, as it fits Savanna so well, and so I pasted all the little love notes on the hate note and embarrassed Savanna by showing her what I found that day. She didn't want to talk about it, but I told her anyway that sometimes she may love me and sometimes she may hate me, and I realize both emotions exist within her, and that's ok.

No comments:

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family