Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Gym meet to AZ

I've really noticed a dearth in the blogosphere this past year from friends and family who used to blog, and thought I would never have that problem because I am by nature a faithful journal-keeper. But I have had a hard time lately drumming up the motivation to blog! I don't know what it is, 2014 I can empathize with those who have dropped out of the blogs because I've been tempted to myself. Anyway, here I am again and here's whats new with us.
Weston and I had ourselves a mother-son date last weekend Feb 22, to sunny Arizona! Boys who work hard get plane rides. We took the flight out of Provo airport to Mesa, which was pretty slick! Friday afternoon we arrived and my good friend Emily Norton, who grew up with Jared in Montana and coincidentally roomed with me at BYU and became a fast friend before I ever met Jared, let us stay with her at her home in Mesa. I was able to meet up with my Aunt Jeanie and Uncle Rick and cousin BrieAnne for dinner that evening, they took us to a pizza place called Flancers, which had really yummy gormet sandwiches, and it was so fun to catch up with them. Saturday morning Weston and I got up early to ride the 30 minutes west to the ASU Sundevil Classic gym meet held at Wild Horse Pass outside Chandler that started at 8:00 AM. What beautiful weather!!! 75 degrees and sunny.  Of course I was inside the big warehouse gym most of the day watching the lengthy meet. Weston did pretty well, choked a little on Pbars but he got his best pommel horse score of the season. Floor 9.7, PH 9.4, Rings 8.7, Vault 9.3, Pbars 8.2, High bar 9.6. We heard that the coaches there were tougher than the Utah coaches we were used to, so I felt like Weston did a little better than usual getting about the same scores with tougher judges, but really we were just happy to be there!  I took him to lunch and then to see Lego Movie after the meet, and while we waited for the movie to start we strolled outside in the beautiful weather. Emily and Enoch took us to dinner that night with their two cute kids, and the next morning at 5:30 am we were up and headed back to the airport to catch our 7:00 am flight home, and I made it back home by 9:30 when choir practice started. I stood up and led my choir with no shower in a jeans and t-shirt, dedication for ya. 






 

 





In other news, Fiora's used to her night time hard contacts now and her eyesight is great. I booked a nice lodge in Heber for our fist ever Barrett Family Reunion we will be holding in August when Krystal gets back from her mission. The whole family has been pitching in $20 a month for about a year now so we can afford a nice place, I'm excited about it. We celebrated Kayden's birthday at Jump On It yesterday and came here for cake and ice cream, and celebrated my brother Justin's 26th birthday today at my parents home, so its fun to have some family time. The kids are plugging away at school, Fiora had a fun field trip to Salt Lake City and saw a planetarium and a symphony. Savanna made a strange and funny film with her friends for a Spanish class Jared is helping her edit, we'll post it when they finish. Savanna decided to bail on her idea to join the track team at school, and she quit her violin lessons this week cuz she didn't really like the teacher, which made me sad, but also less stress for me juggling it all in.  Jared surprised me this week and bought me a lap top for work because my old one bit the dust a while back and I've been using my iPad to do all my casework with.  I'm usually disappointed on holidays and anniversaries but I don't need to worry, Jared always takes care of me eventually-- no anniversary gift last October but a new car at the end of the month, no Christmas gifts but a new washer and dryer that month, no gifts on Valentines day but a lovely gift of a lap top "just because" on Febrary 27th. Ha ha. Jared's still putting in a lot of hours and is very busy, but this week he might be able to slow down a bit, but we did get a date night finally Friday evening dinner and a movie which was a fun time for me.  So besides the big gym meet nothing too exciting, but we are blessed and grateful and enjoying the "little moments" during this time of life.  

No comments:

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family