Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Jared I love you


I know the last thing you want to read is how much I love my husband. It makes me uncomfortable when I read posts on facebook about how great so-and-so's partner is and how lucky they are and they are SOOO happy and SOOO in love.  I get it.

Why have I decided to jump to the other side this morning?  Because God selected a great one for me and I want to express my gratitude somewhere where it will stay forever. When I was single and dating around, I was pretty judgmental and selective and had a hard time as people often do dating. One day I made a pledge to Heavenly Father that I was done trying to trust my own judgment, and I decided I was just going to love every guy I dated and I was going to trust Him to pick out the best one for me and make it work. I met Jared the same month, and true to my word I practically threw myself at his feet in an attempt to love whatever boy was put in my path, and Jared took the bait.

God chose better for me than I could have chosen for myself. I would have dismissed Jared as not this and not that, too much this, and lacking here and there, and definitely not who I imagined myself with for eternity, but I went on faith that God had taken me up on my pledge and provided me with what was the best for me. For the first 10 years of our marriage I struggled because of our differences, but I always loved him just like I promised I would. So glad I did.

There is a quote I like from Kung Fu Panda II when Master Shifu says, "Once I learned the problem was not you, but within me, I was able to find inner peace and harness the powers of the universe." When I figured out my issues, which took about 10 years, I was able to find so much more joy in my marriage.  Jared is easy to live with, as long as I am in a good place myself he is the happiest boy in the world, because he is naturally full of gratitude and positive thinking ability, I am the beneficiary of his being loving and protective of me every day. I had to take a moment and be joyful for this great blessing this morning.

Jared, thank you for loving me in my weakest moments, which are frequent. Thank you for letting me "hoodwink" you into going to Jerusalem for our 15th wedding anniversary, and for even acting a little excited about it too.  Thank you for the Cancun trip and the Alaska Trip and the Hawaii trip, for the LASIK, the homes, the many dinner dates.  Thank you for being careful with our finances and providing well for our family. Thank you for being willing to pay for a painting made by my Aunt Linda, and wanting it to symbolize our family. Thank you for giving me Savanna, Fiora, Weston, and Lillian, and for wanting to be with us forever.  Thank you for being careful to spend time with me every day, if for only a few minutes, even during your busiest weeks. Thank you for defending me when a child is tearing me down. Thank you for listening to the Spirit and heeding it when I'm too emotional to understand. Thank you for being righteous, free of addictions, and honoring your priesthood so we have those blessings. Thank you for teaching our children how to work hard and working so hard yourself.  I am immeasurably blessed to be yours.

Love Heather

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this post. Thank you. It has made me think about all that is wonderful about my Keith. Gratitude is contagious!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family