Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Mother daughter dates and other stuff


It just so happened that last Saturday Savanna asked to be taken to Kneaders for their french toast in the morning with me, and Fiora had a friend's birthday party that was a mother-daughter party.  They even served dinner at the birthday party, so I had great food that day. After our Kneaders visit Savanna and I came home and organized her clothes. Sav gets pretty overwhelmed at the thought of putting away clothes so most of the time her clothes lie in a pile on the floor, two piles, a clean pile and a dirty pile. Don't ask me why the dirty pile can't make its way to the hamper, I've given up trying to understand it. (Fiora usually has piles of clothes as well, not saying she is any better at putting clothes away, but they are usually shoved into her closet or in the hamper.) When it was all done Savanna said "Wow it hasn't been like this since you organized my room at Christmas!" True.

The friends Fiora has made in her ALL class are awesome girls, and their moms are neat too. Alecia Bales and her daughter Amanda were the hosts and they did a marvelous job, a lot of work went into that party. We had marshmallow shooters (that we got to take home) and played around with those for a while, had a nice dinner with decked out tables, everyone got a rose and we mom's had a chance to visit and get to know each other during the dinner.  Fiora had a blast and was very miffed that I took her away before it was over so I could go on my movie date with Jared to Jesse's theater.




Last Friday Karli Sue my sister turned 24 and her husband surprised her and brought her to Utah (they live in Idaho going to school) for the weekend for her birthday. We all met at Carrabbas on her special day which was fun. Karli Sue is expecting her first child but is handling the discomfort very gracefully and patiently. At least in front of the family ha ha. I remember when Karli Sue was the baby, I was 12 when she was born, she was a beautiful little girl and will have beautiful little babies!  After that Jared took Savanna to a BYU play so she could fill an assignment for school, so Sav got a father-daughter date that weekend as well.

Jared and I are fortunate enough to be able to go to Jerusalem this October for our 15th anniversary, and so we went to the mammoth theater at Thanksgiving point to see the Jerusalem movie. It was awesome, what a truly "holy land." I'm even more excited to going there now to learn more and see it all in real life.


My brother Jesse created a logo for the therapy office I work for, and I'm so proud of it!  My boss and his wife love it too, she has been putting it on everything, she said "I'm a little obsessed with this logo." Jesse has a real talent for graphic design that I didn't realize the extent of until I asked him if he would do it and the first one he came up with the very next day was perfect.  He showed us other variations on it but my boss went with the first.  Jesse is awesome.



1 comment:

Karli Sue said...

I was so happy to go to Utah! So good to see you. And you got to see me at my best moments, haha. love you!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family