Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Monday, March 24, 2014

This week

Fiora has this tendency to take pictures of herself that are really bizzare. There were 30 variations of this picture on my phone this morning. I have this knee jerk reaction to delete them all, but who am I to not post a picture based on its perceived appeal?

 We got to babysit my nephew Knightly again while Jesse and Kelsy went to the temple. He was a little less enthusiastic this time because it was during his nap time, and he didn't want to sleep, and then only slept for 30 minutes, but still as adorable as ever.

I got to watch this little cutie for half a day last week while her parents Chris and Jamie Jensen were in San Fransisco.  Avery is about 1 1/2 years old and the most well behaved little thing, at least she was for me. It was fun to spend some one on one time with her playing, although I admit feeling a little stressed about "the stuff I wasn't getting done." I remember feeling like that when my kids were little too, guess I will never learn my lesson and just enjoy time with babies.





Savanna continues to try her hand at baking and cooking, her favorite show lately is "Chopped" on the food network.  She looks up recipes on line and helps herself to making a huge mess in the kitchen to create something.  This last week it was brownies and cupcakes, which she insists didn't turn out well because they had too much cocoa. I steer clear of the kitchen when she is in there despite the fact that I feel like I ought to stand over her and help her out so it turns out ok.  I don't, I let her fail and learn and waste many ingredients, its better on our relationship that way and hopefully she will learn from her mistakes quickly.


Weston tried to photo bomb the picture.

Sav held a party for her friends this weekend just because, and she made a face mask concoction out of things from my pantry against my wishes.  She loves doing girly things like nails, hair, and make up. She is constantly painting her nails and removing the design and trying something else. She keeps trying to get me to do nails as well, and I oblige her once in a while to make her happy, but most of the time I tell her to "keep away from me with your nail polish."

Fiora got to have a make shift party Friday as well. Her friend Kimee's mom is a teacher at Lindon Elementary and she invited Fiora to stay late with her and Kimee at the school watching movies and having pizza while she corrected tests/assignments. Fiora helped her correct, she said it was a really fun time. They watched Frozen! Speaking of which, my kids have listened to those Frozen songs on Youtube over and over until they have them memorized, and they sing them all the time. Wow the music on that show has made an impression.  I'm already sick of the soundtrack and I've only seen the movie twice!  My kids never get tired of it. 

Jared was working Saturday, so after I got my chores and yard work done I invited Weston to watch Hobbit 1 with me from the redbox, and that evening Jared took us to Hobbit 2. I like the Hobbit, it was a fun day. The girls were invited to have a girls-night with our tenant Heather Boekweg bc her husband was out. They did nails and make overs and watched a girly movie, and loved it. I loved my date with my boys!

Last night we got to see a fireside given by Peter Vidmar, he is an inspirational speaker and seminary teacher who won the olympic gold medal for pommel horse in 1984 and made it to the USA gymnastics hall of fame.  We took Weston and the girls to see him speak. It was really neat, he showed him performance the won him the gold and talked about the little things that made it possible for him to get to that point, little things like an extra 15 minutes a day on what is important to you (like reading the scriptures or perfecting a difficult routine) can make a huge difference in your future. It was a great talk on perseverance, discipline, and dedication, and he was sure to emphasize that although winning an Olympic medal is wonderful, it is nothing compared to what exaltation will be like, so we need to make sure we are practicing and setting our minds on our goals that will get us there, and don't quit just because you are tired!  

1 comment:

Karli Sue said...

so I really liked the Frozen songs, until our last trip to Utah. Wherever we would drive, Joseph and Kayden would sing them over and over again. I had to make a rule, no frozen songs in the car haha. :) love your posts!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family