Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Friday, April 11, 2008

It's cold, lets go!

Almost no problem is insurmountable, as I've learned this week. I wrote a paper and got an A on my 2nd Sociology exam even though I was alone with the kids and had to find study time and a babysitter on my own. Weston has been asking me for three weeks if he could go to Carstons and be a superhero, this particular friend has a green power ranger outfit complete with mask and Weston loves it, so I arranged a playdate there. (Thanks again Natalie!) I have replenished our food storage up to a years supply thanks to a final shift at the Lindon Cannery on Tuesday I did during Weston and Fiora's preschool, but in order to do that Jared had to take them and Stacy had to pick them up. And since Grandma Sandy is still in California settling affairs after Gma Donna's passing, I had to find alternative child care while we are in Cancun! But my sweet and blessed mother is going to take them, with a brief overnight reprieve in the middle while my sister Heidi takes them. I'm glad we chose to go during spring break so while my mom does some work shifts my teenage sisters can watch them. So my kids will be playing with the Eagles over that mountain for a while, but they'll be well taken care of. Whew! Thanks mom dad and sisters! It is wonderful to have friends and family I can count on to help us out.

One insurmountable problem is roller skating. We took the kids to classic skating rink for Bonneville free family skating, oh my! I wish you could have seen it, I really wish you were there. Our kids could not stay up on skates to save their lives! I was laughing the whole time, until I fell on my rear and totally bruised my hand. Trying to keep my own balance while constantly holding Fioras arm and Westons arm while they slipped and slipped over and over was hard work. Especially laughing at the same time. Savanna was determined to keep getting up and trying no matter how many times she fell, but I felt more sorry for her than proud because she was going so painfully slow and fell so many times! We stuck it out for an hour and then came home, curses I didn't have a camera. I guess we will have to stick to the movie theater for future family outings, or stay home and be entertained by the kids. Savanna has lots of great jokes and Fiora has a great purse trick.

Thank heavens we are leaving tomorrow, if I had to take one more of these freezing Utah spring days I would really go nuts. Stay tuned April 20th and I'll blog all about it!

2 comments:

Cami said...

You are brave to take them roller skating! My kids would never go for it. I hope you have an AWESOME time in Cancun, and I'll see you soon!

Carpenter Column said...

Yeah, I hope you two are having a FUN time in Cancun! Lucy has hardly been home at all since Fiora has camped out around the corner. In fact, this morning she told me that I needed to go away to Cancun so she could stay with Grandma!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family