Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hope of America


Bonneville Elementary's first grade was invited to join "The Hope of America" pagent this year, which includes Savanna. If you look close you can see kids in white holding pom-poms, one of them was Savanna! She has been practicing three songs for weeks now, "Hope of America" "V-O-T-E" and "Star Spangled Banner" with actions. Next time you see her ask her to sing one of them, it is very cute, especially the National Anthem. Savanna was very excited to be one of the pom-pom holders. She did two performances, one in the morning so she took a bus to BYU and one in the evening in which case I had to take her. It took 45 minutes to get there with hundreds of thousands of other school kids being taken there also, but it was a very neat show and I wish I could have stayed for the whole thing. Weston was whining to go home from the minute we sat down (it took so long to get him there he was anticipating something better than a chorus) and Fiora threw a fit when her shoe was lost in the bowels of Marriot Center seating. I was quite afraid one of my kids would be lost (Jared was not with me to help control them) so I'm glad it was only a shoe. She left with only one shoe on and very distraught. Maybe Fiora or Weston will be asked to go some day and then I can watch it all.
Here is a picture of the star with the intent of showing you her missing teeth on both sides of her big teeth.


I have noticed this week then whenever Weston laughs a lot he gets violent hiccups afterwards. I wonder if that has always been the case and I never noticed. I signed Weston up for Pee wee soccer, and ever since that day he has been asking me every day "when am I going to play soccer?" I hope he likes it after he actually starts playing. His hair is getting long, we can comb it any way we like, like Wilbur on "Meet the Robinsons" or like Peter Parker or like Superman. He is cute no matter how we comb it.

The kids love chips, they would be happy if I fed them nothing

but chips for a week. (Maybe I should so they will hate chips for life.) They like to quote "Over the Hedge" and say "A.K.A the Chip, nacho cheese flavor, *ding*" My kids like to quote movies. We're looking forward to May! There were a couple warm days that reminded us of riding bikes, picinics in the canyons, and swimming at the Scera.

5 comments:

Johnsons said...

What cute and talented kid! I wouldn't expect anything else. I totally understand having to leave with upset kids. I have had to do it many times.

Holly said...

goooooooo savanna that is so cool she was able to be in that performance! and bill will love that weston is doing soccer. soccer is his favorite. he want kayden to do soccer. love ya heather

Carolyn said...

I remember singing songs like that when I was in elementary school! That is so fun that it was at BYU...it was probably a little cooler than ours, which was in PGHS big gym! That is neat she was a part of something so special!

Cami said...

Oh, my kids love chips too. At least, Ethan does. Oh the good old Hope of America pageant. Good times.

Sara said...

That's so cool about Savanna!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family