Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Monday, August 11, 2008

Theme song stuck in your head


Weston walks around the house constantly humming something, and it's usually the theme song to Superman. He knows a lot of theme songs, Spiderman, Stuart Little, Three Amigos, Wonder Pets, Diego, Blues Clues, Dragon Tales, Over the Hedge, even Sky High, and I'll be humming them myself before I realize he got one stuck in my head. He was very disappointed when I let him watch Batman, the theme song is unhummable, and therefore the show was very boring to him and he didn't watch 10 minutes of it. He likes to ask me how a certain song goes to get him started...


Weston was just mortified of Link the first week we had him, then magically last night he realized he has power over that kitty and decided to instill some fear in the cat. He was poking him with sticks, stamping on his tail, whipping him with a belt and poking his head with a stick!!! Today he even slammed him in the door, that was kind of an accident, and as a result Link no longer darts into the house. Poor kitty. But I'm glad Weston's not afraid of him anymore.


Savanna and Fiora got their teacher assignments for school, which starts in one short week! Savanna has been very excited as she has a "boy" teacher this year, Mr. Backman. She has been polishing up her reading without complaint (in her special reading spot above). Fiora has Miss Johnson and is very excited as well. They both have new backpacks and a new alarm clock (which they will soon learn to hate) and start school at 8 AM sharp. That will give me more time to spend with them in the afternoon before my evening classes, which start after Labor Day, which I am more nervous about than excited. Weston starts preschool on August 26th two days a week and will meet his teacher Mrs. Youd tomorrow at an open house. What an adventure the next four months will be!

Bob and Larry came to visit us. They look just like vegetables in real life! Actually, the kids took one of the big zucchini's Grandma Sandy and drew a face like Larry the Cucumber and then had to have Bob the Tomato to go with him. I thought it was pretty funny.

5 comments:

Maria Olson said...

Are you excited for school to start? My kids are going to Friday classes at Liberty Academy this year. I hope they love it. I remember getting new stuff for school. It almost made it all worth it in my young mind.

Cody and Utahna said...

Weston looks JUST like you, Heather. He looks very grown up. Animals are torchered at our place too, so we don't have any official pets. (Our whole backyard would be a pet cemetary!) But we get our share of rabbits, frogs, turtles, snails, and I'm sure you remember the bugs. The most interesting story was a couple years ago when Chandler was roasting marshmallows in one of our bonfires. He noticed that the marshmallow turned colors. So he threw a visitng frog in the flames to see what color it would turn.

Breanne said...

I feel ya with the humming. Xander is usually humming Star Wars (which we haven't even watched forever) or the theme to some video game!

Cami said...

HA! That's awesome with Larry and Bob. It's amazing how much Weston reminds me of Ethan sometimes. Ethan is always doing that. Also, my children are completely terrified of every animal, and I doubt they'd EVER warm up to even a cat. Good for Weston!

Holly said...

lol you have a smelly cat too!!! j/k the kids love her although she dont like them much
and that is cute larry and bob

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family