Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Timp cave





Saturday we took the kids up to Timpanogos Cave. They had to hike up 1 1/2 miles and 1/2 mile through the cave and 1 1/2 miles down. They were really good about it, Savanna wanted to stop and rest at every switchback, but we really made good time and had a picnicv lunch afterwards. Jared drove us up to Tibble fork reservior afterwards but that was hot and dirty and we were all tired. After we found a few leeches on the kids feet we decided to head home. It was a fun day.


You may recall that while we were in Cancun in April and the kids were staying at my parents', my sister Krystal's cat had kittens. 6 kittens, two died at birth but they managed to adopt a black stray because it looked just like the other kitties and they were missing one. The true black kitten showed up, and the mother cat is pregnant again, so my parents were anxious to get rid of that first litter. We adopted this cat from them yesterday, my brother had named him Link, so that's what we call him. The kids are a bit paranoid about his jumping (he's pretty mild-mannered but still has kitty tendencies - 4 1/2 months) but they love to pull a string around the back yard while Link chases it. Jared wants to go on record as being dead set against having a cat. The rest of us love our new kitten.

2 comments:

Cami said...

I can't believe you have succumbed to pets!! I don't think I ever will. Great job on the cave! _I_ want to rest at every switchback too.

BTW, the clean up to play ratio was not worth it to never again. :) No, it was ok. They're all BIG clean up items.

Also, UHF is a Weird Al movie. You don't know it? Very strange.

Cody and Utahna said...

I wish we still lived near some mountains. I love the pictures you post of your family hikes and adventures in the mountains. What wonderful teaching moments.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family