Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Monday, September 22, 2008

Friday Grandma Day

This week has been fairly routine...kids up, kids fed, kids out the door, kids home, kids do homework, kids eat, kids go to bed. With slight variations interspersed. Every Friday we visit Grandma Rappleye. We love Friday and we love Grandma. Grandma has TV programs the kids never get to watch at home, like Curious George. (That's right, we don't have cable or an antenna, nothing but movies). I like to help grandma tidy her house and go through her mail. It is funny to see how many solicitors have her address. She got 5 sheets of return address labels from people wanting her donation for this that and the other. She has enough of those to last 3 lifetimes. I slip as much of it as I can into the recycle bin. I wish I knew why she has a subscription to every magazine every made, even SKI magazine which I am positive my 87 year old Grandma will not read or need. So I make Grandma have dinner with us too on Fridays. We can usually con Jared into taking us out to eat with Grandma somewhere. The kids have learned some restaurant manners so it is more fund than a chore now. We haven't even had a spill for a while!


We had family pictures taken Saturday. It was a little bit of a hassel trying to find all matching shirts that Jared and I both agreed on! And I dread and hate fighting the will of Savanna on how her hair should be done. But the pictures turned out very well, I was delighted. So look for us this Christmas in your mailbox! Exciting.


And speaking of Grandmas, my awesome mother-in-law (the kids' grandma) Sandy has some type of cancer growing on her reproductive organs and has to have a surgery this week to get rid of it! We are all on RED ALERT praying that the cancer has not and won't spread so she can avoid radiation therapy. Savanna Fiora and Weston have been carefully including her in every prayer they give, and remind each other in the middle of their prayers. Please help us pray for her. We love you Grandma Sandy!

4 comments:

Emily N. said...

You are the best about Grandmas, and I still remember meeting your Grandma R. a couple of times.

I am so sorry to hear that about Sandy! I have such a great love and respect for her. She will definitely be in my prayers.

Cody and Utahna said...

We will pray for her too!

Johnsons said...

That is so sad to hear about Sandy. I hope that she is doing well. You will have to keep us posted, and we will for sure keep her in our prayers.

Cami said...

I hate hate HATE taking family pictures. I actually hate taking pictures of either of my boys, sadly, since I do it all the dang time. It's just so hard. Can't wait to see it.

Sandy will be in our prayers.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family