Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Monday, September 15, 2008

Heather and Jared News


(My mom and me in 1982)
HEATHER
I am taking 3 classes at BYU right now in preparation for admission to the Masters of Social Work program at BYU. I took 5 other classes BYU independent study from Jan - Aug, finished 4 of them and will have to finish the 5th class in January. The classes I am taking on campus are not offered independent study so I had to go through the rigamarol of registering as a student and paying an exorbitant tuition so I could get these last 3 prerequisites. I have nearly completed my application to the Graduate program and will know if I am accepted in April of 2009. I was very nervous about taking 3 classes at once and finding time to actually go to class, but Heavenly Father has guided me in every tiny detail. I take Psych 302 Tuesday at the Salt Lake Center at 7:30 until 10:00 and PD BIO 205 the same place and time but on Wednesday evening. Needless to say Jared is not happy with the gas consumption that will require. Thursdays I have Psych 220 at the Provo campus at 4:30 until 7:00. My friend Shelene Westover offered to watch my kids from 3:30 until Jared comes home every Wed and Thurs and I in return watch her kids Wednesday 7:00-2:30 so she can attend class that day. So far it is working out well! With Jared helping me find some study time I have been able to keep up with the school work. (By the way, I got an A- in my Statistics class! I worked pretty hard for 4 months on that class.) Of course I am first and foremost a mother who is up early getting kids to school, picking up a kindergartener at 10:45 every day, getting Weston to preschool Tuesday and Thursday, taking all three to gymnastics Monday, pushing Savanna to do homework, reading, and piano after school before I leave for school, helping in the PTA every Friday, and of course cooking and cleaning. Life is good, we are very blessed!

JARED
My husband is doing well with his Home Basics Real Estate and Property Management (which prosperity I attribute to the Lord because I need $ for schooling). The new building on State Street is finished and they have started moving into it. It's very nice!
Jared has had a couple closings this month and lots of units to manage. Jared tries to find time to fish whenever he can. He spent a large part of last Saturday with Bill Valora and most of Thursday with his co-workers fishing Strawbery Reservoir. He took Weston out on a fathers-son campout, and the two of them snuck off to fish the river. They caught two big fish they brought home, Jared said Weston was so cute about it. We were watching a movie last night and every time a river came on the screen Jared said "I bet there's fish in that river!" He's a little obsessed. He takes care of the kids Tues, Wed, and Thurs evenings now, making sure Weston gets to soccer practice and the kids get fed and to bed. I think he enjoys being a Soccer Dad, although Weston still needs to capture the soccer idea. (Wes kind of floats around the field unaware of the goal. But he has fun!) I am grateful for Jared.

12 comments:

Stacy said...

Isn't life exciting? All the things we have to juggle - it is truly amazing that we can do it all. Keep up the good work. I had lots of fun playing games with you and your grandma on Friday - even though you kicked our butts! We should do it again.

Cami said...

Sounds like you've got the school thing all figured out! You are doing great. Hang in there.

Sara said...

You guys sound like things are going great! I'm so excited about you going back to school. I'm hoping to do the same in the years to come. I'd love to become a high school guidance counselor but we'll just have to see what the next few years bring first.

Stacy said...

Wow your hair was so light. That was a cute picture.

Cody and Utahna said...

Hats off to you two. I'm very impressed you're going after you master's. What do you want to do with it? Jared's new office looks so great!

runningfan said...

You're amazing!

Grandma Sandy said...

What a doo you are (& your mom too!) Good for you at school. I know it's very difficult. I'm proud of Jared for being such a great help...

Grandma Sandy said...

Oops...I meant DOLL!!!

Kaylee said...

Wow you are superwoman! Youve got a huge load and are kickin its butt!

Carpenter Column said...

We need to add on Gabe and Jared's fishing excursion yesterday up Provo river - if it weren't for Jared, then Gabe's fishing dreams would probably never happen. Thanks Jared - and for the yummy fish you caught us last Sunday.

Cody and Utahna said...

Thanks for your post, Jared. I consider being like Heather in any way a HUGE compliment! And thanks, Heath for posting that choir music site. I'll check it out. Here are a few of my favs you may or may not know about:
http://www.petriefamily.org/ldsmusic/
http://www.defordmusic.com/
http://www.tetonmusic.com/ldscatalog.htm
http://wardchoir.net/exercises-to-improve-ward-choirs/

Queen B said...

Hey Heather ~ Its so fun reading about your family and looking at your cute pictures. I can't believe how quickly your kids are growing up!

You are an amazing woman, taking all those classes with all the demands of motherhood. I'm sure its hard to juggle. But it sounds like you're doing okay! That is so great.

I love the picture of your mom and you when you were younger. So fun!
Love ya, Aunt Betty Ann

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family