Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Friday, September 5, 2008

tacky ball

We had a fun Labor Day with my family. They all came up here and we left all the kids at our house and went to see a movie. When we came back we barbecued! We had fun. The wreckage afterwards was evidence that the kids had fun too! During the clean up the next day I found some strange things in strange places. Like pieces of a ping-pong paddle on the floor instead of attached to the paddle. The most unusual was a bunch of tacks all over the floor which led to a green kickball with a wig tacked to it. Here is the ball, Savanna had drawns a face on it and attached the wig to it with about 20 thumb tacks.
That ball will never inflate again.
Jared takes the kids to Westons soccer games and practices in the evening while I am at class. I like to hear his stories about things the kids said and did while I was away. It's really hard to be around Savanna long without threatening to punish her, which I did when I found the tacky ball and which he did after spending the evening with her my first day of class. Fiora said, "And you'll be punished for your own sins and not for Adam's transgressions." I guess she has that article of faith memorized.
Savanna asked for a journal the first day of school. I had a journal embossed with her name on it to give her on her baptism day but I figured if she wanted it why wait. She loved it and writes in it occassionally and gets frustrated when I want her to do her homework, reading, or piano when she's trying to write in her journal. I love it!

Weston decided to dress up like goldy locks. Which was weird, but when he turned around and exposed his back and superman underwear he redeemed himself. We were all laughing at his ineptness at putting on a dress and his inadvertent display of boyness.

5 comments:

Kaylee said...

HAHA! Okay this post made me laugh out loud! First of all, how funny is it that Fiora spouted off the article of faith?? And then I loved Weston's pictures, especially the one where he's walking away! Too funny!

Amy said...

Your kids are way to cute. I laughed so hard at Weston's pictures!!

Cami said...

Oh, those kids!!! I love the underpants behind the dress. Awesome.

Sara said...

This post cracked me up. You have some creative kids. Love the green, hairy ball, love that Savanna writes in her journal, that Fiora is reciting an article of faith, and that Weston dressed up. You have a funny and cute family.

Cody and Utahna said...

Heather, what are you going to school for? I know you're getting your masters? Are you at the Y or UVSC?

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family