Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Crazy head


Sometimes I have to wonder what goes on in the mind of a very strong willed 7 year old. Savanna came home from school Monday and informed me she was going to a boy's home and she knows where he lives and see you later. She walked out the door despite my protests. I called her back in but she had already located the stranger-to-me and had started scooter races with him. Fiora, Weston, and friend Alexis all followed her outside. So out I went with them nervous about the playing in the front yard because of the busy street. After some time I realized Savanna was in the snow still lingering on the side yard IN HER SUNDAY SHOES. I ordered her in the house and to get some decent shoes on. When she never came back outside I went in to find her playing ice hockey on the kitchen floor with huge blocks of ice she'd created in the freezer and ice cubes as hocky pucks. What are you doing now??? I ask. "It's my experiment, freezing cereal in ice to see if it makes it hard." I threw a fit about the mess on the floor and she put the ice blocks in the sink and watched them melt, and the cereal was still soggy. After informing her she was driving me crazy, I realized it was time for gymnastics so hurry and get ready, and she complained the whole way over that she hadn't had her snack yet...no time for food when there's messing around to be done!

3 comments:

Cami said...

What a crazy girl! Oh man, as they grow up they really start having their own little ideas, eh?

Stacy said...

Wow that is pretty funny! Kids do the strangest things.

runningfan said...

It must be something about the age...the seven-year-old at this house is driving me nuts!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family