Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ouchera

I was doing Savanna's hair one morning and she was yelling about it as usual. This time she was yelling out at different pitches as I brushed so I asked her if she was singing some kind of opera. She replied: "No, I am singing an Ouchera."

Weston got a new superman backpack in the mail. He informed me that now he can go to kindergarten because he got his new backpack. I told him he still has a couple months of preschool. He stated: "But mom, coloring is so EASY!"

Here are some questions from my inquisitive son lately, let me know if you have any simple answers for him:
"Why do girls wear make-up?"
"Why does monday come after Sunday?"
"Why is it called "sun" day?"
"Why do I go to kindergarten in the fall?"
"Why is fall after summer?"
"Why to Jesse, Kelsy, and Karli sleep here?"
"Why does daddy work every day?"
"Why don't you go to work?"
"What is 'power'?"
"Why did we get a new kitchen?"
"When do I get to play soccer???"

Fiora has been doing chores to earn money to buy a wallet she desperately needs. I asked her why she needs a wallet, she said, "To put in my purse." So far she has earned $1.53 doing chores. I asked her if she wants to do a chore today to earn more. She said, "I'll wait until Saturday because Saturday is a special day, we clean the house and we shop at the store, so we don't have to wait until Monday." I laughed and she said, "Not funny."

5 comments:

Cami said...

Oh those kiddies! They are so cute.

Stephanie said...

I love that kids think of these things. I always wonder when it will be okay for adults to ask blunt questions like that.

Maria Olson said...

Well, everything they say makes perfect sense to me.

Sara said...

I love the things kids say. Yours especially have funny and cute things to say.

Carpenter Column said...

I love these funny ones!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family