Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Saturday, March 28, 2009

spring soccer

We are in the thick of soccer again, despite the freezing temperatures. Weston (#4) is excited each and every time we get ready for soccer. He doesn't do much but run yet acts like it is the greatest time of his life. Today he scored his first goal during a game. I was very excited for him, and so was his coach JD as it is a pretty rare sight. The day of a game or practice he is constantly asking me "did I miss soccer?" "are my friends there now?" "is it 5:00 yet?" He doesn't seem to mind the cold either. We got back about 30 minutes ago from a game and my hands are still thawing out.






Fiora has been astonishing me with her reading skills. I'm not used to her knowing what things say. I can't read a book to her without getting corrected (for I usually paraphrase), and she reads signs on the street and walls, and yesterday said "Don't worry mom!" I said don't worry about what? And she pointed to the clock on our wall that says "don't worry" on it. I still get astonished.


Savanna has been doing the same sort of thing with her math. She knows we go to school at 7:45 AM so while we get ready I'm always asking her to check the clock and she never fails to tell me how much time we have left. Yesterday it was 7:26 and she said quick as a whip "We have 19 minutes left." What? How did you know that so quick, I couldn't have done that. During the soccer game Savanna was chasing down some boys her age and tackling them to the ground to get a soccer ball they kept stealing from her. She is a spaz, no doubt, and a keeper. As I write this she is in the kitchen making the kids soup.

3 comments:

Grandma Sandy said...

Way to "GOal", Wes!!! Fiora, I can't believe you are such a good reader. Savanna, you are a math whiz & so helpful making soup. Love G'ma Sandy

Sara said...

I just signed Mason up for soccer today. He starts April 25th. I can't wait! I bet it's so fun to see how much Savanna, and all your kids, are learning.

Cami said...

Your kids are all too big. Lame.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family