Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Sunday, April 10, 2011

1st place

I entered a social justice and ethics paper contest this semester based on my experiences at the prison, and I was pleasantly surprised to win first place! I was awarded $400.00 and invited to a luncheon with the MSW faculty and Gene Shumway, who co-founded the BYU MSW program back in the 70s. I was given the opportunity to talk about my paper and hear Dr. Shumway's ideas about it. Interestingly enough, Dr. Shumway worked at Discovery Acadamy for 4 years and he knows my dad really well, and told everyone at the lunch how much he loves my father! It was a fun experience!



3 comments:

Stacy said...

Way to go Heather! You continue to amaze me!

runningfan said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Cami said...

This is SO great. You definitely deserve it. Congrats!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family