Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Monday, April 25, 2011

GRADUATION! part 1

Wednesday began the graduation celebrations. I felt so honored and wonderful putting on a master's hood. We have all been debating what the significance of the hood is, I still have to research that, but it was cool. We had a MSW banquet and program at the Marriott hotel in Provo. My parents and husband came to celebrate with me. We had a less formal and nice time just the cohort and close family members and it was a nice evening. Thursday was commencement and Elder Scott spoke, I heard it was wonderful but I was in the temple with my family at that time.

Friday was Covocation time, aka, the real graduation! Friday morning a friend of ours Eric Westover made and brought over a cake for my graduation that morning. It was a complete surprise to me and the most adorable cake
I've ever seen. Perfect for me and the occassion.




The celebrations started when Jared's brothers made lunch for me at his office, Neil Schauers made a point to have lunch with us and bestow his congratulations. I went to my Grandma's to take her and my mom to the cookie reception prior to covocation. Grandma gave me $100!!! She was so proud and I got teary eyed when I hugged her thinking how much I am trying to be like her and how much her example has influenced me.






I took many pictures of friends and faculty at the reception. And they displayed this plaque that is to be displayed in the social work office with my name on it because I won the social justice paper contest! That was pretty neat.

(Me and Dr. Marrett, director of the field practicum and Marriage Family Theories)
(Me and Dr. Seipel, Policy and Community Organization)
(Me and Dr. Limb, director of the MSW program and Leadership)

(Me and Dr. Norman, child and adolescents and HBSE, and Dr. Spaid, DSM-IV)




Dr. Seipel profusely complimented me to my mother, which made her feel very proud and me feel very surprised! I had no idea Dr. Seipel thought so highly of me. A lot of people mentioned that I look like my mom. We are both ok with that. :)


My friends Kim Brimhall and Shannon Young. Kim's husband bought flower leis for me and her and Shannon, we were the three muskateers in this experience, studying for the ASWB and most all other exams together. I will miss these two!


I was involved in the musical number during convocation so I got to sit up on the stand. The speakers were less than rivoting and the procession long, but the musical number was fantastic, in my biased opinion.

2 comments:

Emily N. said...

Congratulations, Heather! Doesn't it feel like nothing you've ever experienced before?? What a happy, joyous week for you! :) You deserve it.

runningfan said...

Congratulations! What a huge milestone. I'm so happy for you!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family