Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Monday, April 25, 2011

No Dessert or Candy Contract

I started gaining weight this past 2 months, I'm sure stress had something to do with it, but its also my intake. On April 17th I had had enough of the problem I have with controlling my sugar intake, so I decided to use the behavior contract on myself that I use with my clients. I set a goal and sign the contract and if I keep the goal I earn an incentive--a new swimming suit. Well, Savanna thought this was cool, I was using her as the person I was held accountable to so she wanted to do it as well. We decided to stay off candy and dessert for 1 month, so on May 17th, her birthday, we would be done with the contract. She is going shopping with me and will get a swimsuit and toe socks as her incentive.

The funny thing is, as we were having Fiora sign as a witness she adamantly insisted on being part of the contract as well. We none of us thought this was possible for Fiora, she is the family's infamous sweet tooth. But whe wanted in, so we printed out a contract for her also. The even more funny thing is, the next day as Fiora and Savanna were explaining to Weston that they are "off sweets" he decided he wanted to do it also! So we have 4 contracts on the fridge now, and Weston has proven to be the most valiant of all of us. They are all doing well, they give their desserts at school lunch to their friends, they save their candy in a bag in the freezer, and they dutifully tell everyone who offers them candy or dessert that "they are off sweets for a month." They are keeping me strong. I can't believe the bags of candy they have already saved up, its worse than halloween. Oh the pounds of sugar I have spared us all from processeing by starting this contract!

2 comments:

Carpenter Column said...

They are doing amazing!!! Now you just have to figure out a way to slow down the consumption process when they do reach for that bag of candy on May 17th! lol

Eric and Shelene said...

will you e mail one of those forms to me???? I know it seems silly, but hopefully a written contract will help me stay more focused. You are SO AWESOME (btw) :)

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family