Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

2008 RESOLUTIONS

Jared
30, flirty and fisherman. Jared turned 30 December 22nd. He didn't make his goal to be a millionaire and retire at 30, but hey, he's doing pretty well for himself in the Real Estate and Property Management business so no complaints here. Jared's resolution is to fish in Alaska and Yellowstone this year, and of course a lot on the Provo river as usual. And make out with his wife on the other days.

Heather
Serene, serviceful, studious. My resolution is to not stress (serenity), give much service to my family (and make some time to flirt back with Jared), and neighbors in my choir and music and teaching callings, and go to BYU. I'm no longer employed with LDS Distribution Services, I had to make time to serve and make out so I let go of my cherished employment. Also, I'm taking several prerequisite courses in the evening so I can enroll in the Masters of Social Work program in 2009. This also involves service as I will be volunteering at Kids on the Move (early intervention) and the Family Support and Treatment Center throughout the year.

Savanna
Pretty, positive, and proactive. At least, that's what I hope this year will produce for her. We are going to work on getting proactive on homework, chores, and riding a bike sans training wheels! I know she can do it because she's already plenty proactive in ordering, demanding, and complaining. We just need to channel that energy into positive effort!

Fiora
Friendly, funny, and five. Fiora is five in a month! My stars, how time does fly. Fiora has asked me many many times if I can set up play dates for her and I rarely do it, so I'm going to work on getting her some friend time this year. She has a great sense of humor that I need to appreciate more.
"Mom, can I have a chocolate truffle?"
"Fiora, you threw up 7 times last night, let's eat something healthy first. How about a banana?"
"No way. How about Macaroni and cheese? Because THAT is healthy!"
"OK"
"Then I'll have chocolate."

Weston
Happy, healthy, humble. Those originally were my goals, but they would suite Weston well also. He's kind of got that last child tendency to be a little spoiled, sometimes. And so we'll work on his humility. He definitely won the prize of getting the most ailments last year, so we're hoping for better immunity and no head openings this year. I hope to get him in spring soccer so that will keep him fit. He's a pretty happy boy; we've got to work on showing that happiness in public more!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Hmmm, to make out a lot. I think my husband would like that new years resolution... and it's one I think I could actually accomplish :).

runningfan said...

Hi Heather. It's Heidi, your old roomie. I've enjoyed your blog lately and was happy to read that you're going back to school. Wow -- what an awesome goal. You'll be an awesome social worker. I also loved the poem you posted. I'd love to share it with my friend who also lost a baby this year.

Cami said...

HA! You quit your job to have more time for making out. Jake would seriously love those reasons. Good luck with all those resolutions and school!!

BTW: Lili is getting married RIGHT after my due date, so I hope I'll be able to come and I'll have a baby to show you all. I guess I should just call you, but I thought I'd mention it now.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family