Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Sunday, January 27, 2008

What was that?

This week my sweet darling son Weston started using a new term of endearment. "Weston you are a cutie" was answered with "Mommy your a poo-poo head!" What was that? "You are a POO-POO HEAD!" How dare you! I'm shocked! Say you're sorry! "Sorry poo-poo head."

On the other hand Fiora has decided to create a dialect all her own. "Fiora, pick up your coat please." "Hheormaoivenoiadmalmv...hogeinsdajgioda." What was that? Then she waves her arms around and does a few extra finger motions because that sign language sure clears it up. "Just pick up your coat."

Savanna's speach is clear and kind, albeit a bit loud. In the car, when her piercing outbursts are particularly resonant, she was heard to say, "That even hurt MY ears." Things can get interesting when she is reading her homework. Reading "being" as "dink" and "dance" as "bank" makes a mother wonder if she is learning anything, or if she is a bit dislexic. And then of course when she is both deaf and dumb when I ask her to put her coat away.

We've made some progress on the "poo-poo head" problem. After the initial shock I learned to ignore it and ignored behavior isn't repeated with Weston. Unfortunately ignoring him doesn't get hime to flush the toilet after he goes, or put away his coat!

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Heather,
That shouldn't be funny what Weston is saying, but how can you not smile:) Your kids are adorable.

Natalie said...

You are funny Heather. I miss talking to you, I'll have to catch up with you sometime:)

Stacy said...

Heather,
Your kids crack me up! I hope he didn't get that poo poo head from preschool. I read a book to them that says "oh poop". And of course after that everyone was silly and laughing and saying oh poop. And Derek goes "we don't say that word in our house." But he was the one who continually repeated that word the rest of time even after I said we should stop. So I hope Weston was doing that before preschool on Thursday :)

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family