Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Winter Wonderland

I came back from sunny Texas to a perpetual ice-skating rink. The ground here is covered with snow and under the snow is two inches of ice. Jared is ice-fishing today, fishing fever knows no tempurature limits, I hope he comes back with all his toes and fingers. It was Lillian's birthday the 15th so despite the snow we took the kids up to the cemetery to look for Lilli's headstone and put a poinsettia on it, that Savanna so wisely pointed out "would just die," and sing happy birthday. It took about 10-15 minutes digging through ice and snow to find it, but we did (after Jared and the kids said a prayer)! Weston is in the picture hiding in the middle, it was COLD!

While I was gone, Weston got a bad cold and croupy cough. But otherwise they did very well. Grandma Sandy gave them all a very good report, and so did Jared. They went down to Gunnison Saturday and had fun at Grandmas. I guess that means I can leave more often! Just kidding. I missed my sweeties.

2 comments:

Cami said...

I can't believe you found that headstone! It's nice you went there on her birthday. I can't believe Jared and his ice fishing. That's crazy. The only thing Jake braves the cold for is football.

Carpenter Column said...

Are you gonna check this thing? He-he. We just had fun playing games! So, I like your updates. The quints are so cute! Talk to you soon!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family