Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas is coming




If you look too closely at the tree you will notice that I let the kids decorate it this year. There are clumps, overlaps, loners, and gaps. I just want them to have good memories of decorating the tree, not of mom being analytical about it. Grandma Sandy sent us a wooden advent tree, you put lights on it to count down. We got to paint and glitter it ourselves! Weston believes adamantly in Santa Claus this year, he keeps asking me if I do too. But I just say "I believe in Jesus." We went to Walmart last week and saw a "Santa" there taking pictures with kids. Weston turned to me and said, "NOW do you believe in Santa?" I said no. "But we SAW him Mom!" I'm such a scrooge.



It's snowy and cold this week. Jared gets nervous when it gets below freezing because of all the properties he manages, he was complaining about the snow and Weston argued, "Snow isn't awful, snow is fun!" We spent some time outside having fun in the snow today.

2 comments:

Josh-n-Kim said...

Heather..you dont beleive the santa at walmart is real??? :)

Cami said...

You ARE a scrooge! :) My kids believe the Santa that came to my HOUSE is the real one. We talk about how Jesus is why Santa gives presents, and sometimes that Jesus is really who helps Santa get around to all the children. Not QUITE there, but at least they've got faith in something.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family