Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Magenta glasses


I called the LASIK center to see if they could help me out with my "glasses-dropped-in-the-lake" problem and they said they had some glasses I could use for a week until my procedure. I was very grateful as I drove down there wearing Fiora's glasses that I didn't have to pay money for glasses for a week, but when they handed me the magenta colored square plastic glasses I thought it was a joke! They just said "sorry" and I walked out with a desire to laugh and cry at the same time. I always considered myself a non-material unvain person, but these glasses pushed me passed my self-conscious limits. The first couple days I would only wear the glasses meant for a 6 year old when driving, and would hide them in my purse and just suffer with the limited vision, but as the week wore on I just gave up on worrying about what others thought about it and just wore them all the time.  I'm grateful for my magenta glasses, I can drive and don't feel totally disabled, and I even got a couple compliments from people who no-doubt thought I was trying to make a bold fashion statement. At least the primary kids didn't laugh at me, but Jared certainly has, multiple times.  One more day, one more day...

Fiora's cake

Savanna the baker

Savanna and Fiora had a blast with their cousin Lucy Carpenter over fall break.  We had her over Sunday and Monday and they played constantly.  I was surprised how involved Savanna was in the cousinly play and how tolerant Fiora was of her constant presence. Savanna talked me into taking them to swim at the Lehi pool Monday and I'm glad I did because I ran on the track the first half of a hour and then sat in the hot tub the second half and it was awesome!  I love having older kids that can watch themselves. Savanna also talked me into taking her to the store on the way home to get cake making ingredients. She spent the rest of the afternoon with Lucy and Fiora making cakes!  The one Sav is holding is a white cake with peanut butter buttercream frosting filled with recess peanut butter cups and topped with fudge frosting bananas and grapenuts. It was super yummy!

Jared and I celebrated out 13th wedding anniversary on the 16th of October. Jared took me to all you can eat shrimp at Red Lobster and then up to Park City for an overnighter.  Jesse and Kelsy were kind enough to come over and spend the night, my kids aren't THAT old yet.  Jesse said the kids all but took care of them, I was happy to hear they had a handle on everything. It worked out great and we had a great time.

Just this evening we went to Cornbelly's, and happened to run into the Carpenters as we were pulling in. What a lucky coincidence! We spent the first half of our time there with them, and then my kids wanted to branch off and do some older kid stuff and we lost them.  But it was fun to hang out with them for a little while!  Here are some cute picture of the excursion:
Carpenters at Cornbelly's!

Jared rocks!

Pumpkins everywhere!

Treven, Fiora, Lucy, Weston

CUTE Carpenters

Corny Schauers
Train ride

The Corn Maze

Scarecrow on stilts

bull swings

milking a cow

Savannas udder didn't work

2 comments:

Queen B said...

I actually think you look kind of cute in those glasses. Very stylin'!

Rachelle said...

The glasses and the accompanying story are hilarious! Love them :-)

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family