Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Monday, November 3, 2008

Mummy, and Batman, and princess oh my



Fiora just donned one of the princess dresses we have had for years for Halloween. I thought we should put at least a little effort into her costume so I put some makeup on her. She said, "Mom I look wild!" Hmm, maybe too much makeup. She said she was going to pose wild for her picture.
Savanna wanted to be a mummy out of toilet paper. I thought I'd be even more smart and rip up an old white crib sheet. Unfortunately that didn't quite work either, even with 20 safety pins, because it bunched up and fell apart whenever she moved. Oh well, people knew what she was trying to be.
Jared took the kiddies around and I stayed home to hand out the candy. I put on Jesse's green Santa mask for a few kids. Weston sure was terrified of that mask when Jesse snuck up the stairs wearing it. He jumped in my arms shaking! "Mom there is something on the stairs!" I felt bad for the little guy! He laughed the next day when I put it on though.
I must say I made the GREATEST pumpkin seeds ever this year. Totally worth the cost of 4 big pumpkins. Recipe if your interested:

Rinse seeds from apx 2 large pumpkins
coat cookie sheet with 1/3 cup vegetable oil
lay seeds on a cookie sheet
sprinkle worchestersire sauce generously on seeds
salt seeds
bake at 375 for 30 minutes, stirring once

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Our pumpkin seeds were good too. I think that is the best part of Halloween. We will have to try your recipe next year. The kids looked cute on Halloween - we saw them when we were out!

Johnsons said...

I am going to have to save this recipe for next year. I love the mummy costume idea. I would have thought that would have worked too. I'm glad you guys had a fun Halloween.

Cami said...

You guys are CUTE! I love Fiora's "fierce" posing. She will be a top model someday. You did a great job! I can't believe Weston got over that mask. My kids will WEAR a mask, and then take it off, the other will put it on and they'll be terrified. (And we're talking like Darth Vadar here. Very silly.)

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family