Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Monday, November 17, 2008

She doesn't do hair

After my jog Saturday I came home to a dilemma. Savanna had decided to do Fiora's hair and used the comb like a curling iron. I remember doing the same dang thing when I was a kid to my own head. Savanna had that hair so tightly wound around the comb I thought we were going to have to cut Fiora's hair like a boy's. Then I got a brilliant idea to cut the comb instead of the hair. It took me 25 minutes to work the comb out.







Weston left two crayons in his kahki's pocket and I washed and dried those kahkis in the WHITE load. That was a family tragedy. All our underwear and white shirts were speckled with red and orange. I try to check the kids' pockets thoroughly now before washing them, and it's amazing what I find. What was happening to all that stuff before I checked their pockets?
Weston has a new favorite show -- Superwhy. Although he still loves Blue's Clues. I found this clue in our kitchen that he made. I told him I found a clue and he said "Mom you are not a kid." I guess that my finding a clue doesn't count.



Mom: Savanna I will give you a quarter if you clean the kitchen
Sav: The whole kitchen?
Mom: Yes
Sav: I don't care about money
Mom: Fiora if you clean up this kitchen I will give you a quarter.
Fi: Can I buy anything I want with my quarter?
Mom: Anything that costs a quarter
Fi: Do I have to do the WHOLE kitchen?
Sav: Fiora, if you want a quarter I suggest you clean the whole thing.

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh poor Fiora. That probably hurt. I bet Savanna felt bad. Way to go not being hasty and just cutting her hair. Good work. I know the washing machine troubles. One time JD left a gel pen in his church shirt - yeah black pen all over the whites was not fun - especially since I dryed them with it on too. And the other day I opened the washing machine and thought it spelled like a cough drop - and after i dryed the clothes out came the wrapper. Menthol - yum

Breanne said...

Smart thinking with the comb. I don't know if I would have thought of that.
And at least it wasn't a poopy diaper in the washer! My cousin did that! So sad :(

Cami said...

Oh, the comb!! That is very tragic. Oh, the crayon. Tragic as well. You guys are having some TIMES over there!

Maria Olson said...

I think every girl has to get a comb stuck in her hair atleast once. I have washed and dryed a crayon before. Besides all the clothes it also left spots on the drum of the dryer. What crazy happenings.

Cody and Utahna said...

You ARE a smarty. I never would have thought to cut up the comb. Glad her hair survived. You and your sisters all have such beautiful smiles. With two thumb suckers I think we're on our way to spending the big bucks there as well.

Stephanie said...

I love that Fiora is tring to do her hair with a little help. My girls love to play salon. I think it must run in the family. So fun to see your sweet family. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahaha!!! thats so funny!!!:) to bad for fiora.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family