Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Wry neck

torticollis

abnormality in which the neck is in a twisted, bent position such that the head is pulled to one side and the chin points to the other. In infants the most common causes of torticollis include congenital shortening of muscles on one side of the neck, malposition of the fetus in the uterus, and trauma to the sternocleidomastoid muscle of the neck during birth. In adults, poor posture, tumours of the cervical spine, and inflammation of cervical lymph nodes may cause the condition. Treatment may include stretching of the neck muscles, applying heat to the affected area, traction of the cervical spine, or a neck brace.


For five days I've had neck pain and finally submitted myself to a doctor visit, torticollis is my diagnosis. I had to get an x-ray to make sure I had no tumours on my spine. I guess the cause is poor posture because I have no babies to lift nor have I been in any accidents that would strain my neck. Pretty painful. But "a wounded lion still wants to roar." I hate trying to take it easy. I went on a fun outing with my friend Cami Turpin, dinner and a movie and I even shopped, wry neck and all.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Dawson came home and told me you had a thing on your neck. So how did you do it? Is it like a really bad kink? I hope it feels better soon!

Cami said...

Oh dear. I hope you are feeling better. (I was saying "oh dear" about the picture though--you look darling!)

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family